Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro at Html site - Redirect

GTranslate Pro at Html site - Redirect
Sep 27, 2011 11:53 am by ors_86
Can we use the Pro version (with cache) at a html website, and "redirect" the user to onother html pages (same name within a folder) for one of the languages? Is there are rewrite rules example? Thanks.
Re: GTranslate Pro at Html site - Redirect
Sep 28, 2011 12:37 pm by Edvard
If you want to use the Pro version you need to check if you have PHP support. It will work on your HTML site.
Sep 28, 2011 12:47 pm by ors_86
If you want to use the Pro version you need to check if you have PHP support. It will work on your HTML site. Yes, i want to use the Pro Version. Yes, i have php support, please inform me what i should do. Thanks
Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm by Edvard
Check with your host if you have PHP ionCube loader, cURL library and JSON library support. If the answer is yes, you can buy it.
Sep 29, 2011 12:20 pm by ors_86
Check with your host if you have PHP ionCube loader, cURL library and JSON library support. If the answer is yes, you can buy it. Τhe answer is yes. I have already bought 3 licenses and i use them for joomla site. But now, i need something else, and first i want you to inform me how i can do that, and then i will buy the additional license.
Sep 29, 2011 12:22 pm by Edvard
As I understand you want to use the Pro version on a HTML website. You have all the necessary libraries and you can use Pro version on your site. Let me know if you need a specific configuration.
Sep 29, 2011 12:59 pm by ors_86
As I understand you want to use the Pro version on a HTML website. You have all the necessary libraries and you can use Pro version on your site. Let me know if you need a specific configuration. Okay, nice we agree that my server meets the requirements. But what configuration i must do, in order to "redirect" the user to onother html pages (same name within a folder) for one of the languages? For example, we have html pages for english and spanish language. For all the other languages we use gtranslate. but for spanish we want to user our pages. How?
Sep 30, 2011 11:53 am by Edvard
Is there some strict format you have used to name Spanish version pages? Ex. http://domain.com/about_us.html - for English http://domain.com/about_us-es.html - for Spanish
Sep 30, 2011 12:06 pm by ors_86
Is there some strict format you have used to name Spanish version pages? Ex. http://domain.com/about_us.html - for English http://domain.com/about_us-es.html - for Spanish Yes, the pages are named simular to your example.
Sep 30, 2011 12:07 pm by Edvard
In that case it will be possible to configure to use English and Spanish as is and the rest languages will be translated by GTranslate Pro.
Sep 30, 2011 12:18 pm by ors_86
In that case it will be possible to configure to use English and Spanish as is and the rest languages will be translated by GTranslate Pro. Okay, nice. Can you inform me how?
Sep 30, 2011 12:28 pm by Edvard
There will be a need to write a special rewrite rules for you. I'll do that when you make a purchase.
Oct 17, 2011 7:59 am by ors_86
There will be a need to write a special rewrite rules for you. I'll do that when you make a purchase. I have purchased the Pro version. Please inform me about the rewrite rules. Thanks.
Oct 17, 2011 10:49 am by Edvard
Hi, Can you give me FTP access, so I can see the current URL format and configure it for you?
Oct 17, 2011 10:51 am by ors_86
Hi, Can you give me FTP access, so I can see the current URL format and configure it for you? Hi, You have a PM.
Oct 18, 2011 11:59 am by ors_86
I have haven't received any reply from you. Can you please inform em about the rewrites rules?
Oct 19, 2011 10:54 am by Edvard
Hi, Sorry for my late response. I have checked your server settings and it seems that you are using Microsoft-IIS/6.0 on Windows. Is it possible you can install IIRF alternative of Apache mod_rewrite on it? Or may be you can just use Apache web server instead?
Oct 19, 2011 10:59 am by ors_86
Hi, Sorry for my late response. I have checked your server settings and it seems that you are using Microsoft-IIS/6.0 on Windows. Is it possible you can install IIRF alternative of Apache mod_rewrite on it? Or may be you can just use Apache web server instead? Hi, I can install IIRF alternative, or move it to linux hosting. Please inform em about the rewrites rules.
Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm by Edvard
Better to use linux hosting with Apache and in that case the RewriteRules will be: # custom languages - English, German RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/.* RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (_english|_german) RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$2 [R=301,L] # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2&force_no_api=1&force_translation=1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&force_no_api=1&force_translation=1 [L,QSA] I'm not sure for 100% that all the pages will be ok with this, so when you move let me know, so I can test it and make sure that there are no other exceptions.
Oct 19, 2011 12:27 pm by ors_86
Ok, thanks for the reply, i will inform you soon. But the languages i want to use the defautl html files are the greek and english, not german as i saw at the rewrite rules.