Forum Archive - flags appear out of menu

flags appear out of menu
Jan 26, 2011 11:43 am by itseddy
I installed the module and its working fine. with settings translate method to On Fly and Load Jquery library on. Its the only way the flags will show. And that' s fine but the flags display out of the menu frame! For some reason they align completely left of the website border. Is there a way to get the flags to align in the menu frame? thanks for the help Eddy.
Re: flags appear out of menu
Jan 28, 2011 1:52 pm by natastna2
Hi Eddy, I've had very similar problems using gTranslate with the flags repeating or being in odd positions. I've fixed this problem on my sites with CSS. Make sure that the flags are in their own div and positioned correctly. It would help if you linked me to yoru site and I may be able to help you out. Ant.
Jan 28, 2011 4:03 pm by itseddy
I already tried to find settings in the default.php file in the tmpl directory of the gtranslate mod. Tried several settings but probably the wrong ones... Am I looking in the correct file or do I need to make changes in the css file of the site template?
Jan 29, 2011 1:21 pm by natastna2
You will probably need to find yoru template.css file, position the flags within a div called flags, then input .flags { CSS} into your template.css. If you PM me your site url I coudl take a look for you.
Jan 31, 2011 9:40 am by itseddy
unfortunately I cannot seem to PM since I am newly registered.... Also been looking into the css file but I am to novice to really fix it. :roll: can you PM me, maybe I van reply to it.
Feb 1, 2011 11:27 am by Edvard
Hi, Please post your site with the GTranslate module enabled, so I can advice. Probably it is a CSS conflict with your current template.
Feb 2, 2011 11:35 am by itseddy
Yes I also believe its template related. I tried several other templates and they displayed the flags correctly within the menu borders. Only this template places the flags outside the menu... here's the link to my site: http://213.203.193.120/~scs01/
Feb 2, 2011 4:03 pm by Edvard
Currently you have this code for the module block: <div class="module"> <div> <div> <div> ... I would suggest to have this instead: <div class="module"> <div> <div> <div> <div style="padding-left:20px;"> ... Probably you will find the code in joomla/templates/current_template/html/modules.php The function name which generates the block will be something like modChrome_XXX.
Feb 2, 2011 4:54 pm by itseddy
This is the only content in modules.php nothing about <DIV> defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access'); function modChrome_slider($module, &$params, &$attribs) { jimport('joomla.html.pane'); // Initialize variables $sliders = & JPane::getInstance('sliders'); $sliders->startPanel( JText::_( $module->title ), 'module' . $module->id ); echo $module->content; $sliders->endPanel(); }
Feb 2, 2011 5:08 pm by Edvard
In that case you can modify modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/default.php to add the wrapping div tags. But in that case the issue will be fixed with GTranslate module only and most likely you will have that issue with other modules too.
Feb 2, 2011 5:50 pm by itseddy
can you please tell me where in the default.php I should place the additional code? There is a lot of code and have no idea where to put it. :( thanks
Feb 7, 2011 8:46 pm by Edvard
You can do this: <?php ... defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access'); echo '<div style="padding-left:20px;">'; ... } echo '</div>'; ?>
Feb 15, 2011 2:44 pm by itseddy
OOHHH beautifull!!! you're a livesaver :P It worked perfectly. sometimes it can be so simply as a few (code)words.... thanks man.