Forum Archive - Custom drop menu image?

Custom drop menu image?
Oct 10, 2011 4:12 pm by globalawakening
We're testing the free version and will likely buy the pro version soon, but I ran into a snag I am hoping you can give me a fix for. I notice on YOUR site, you have a custom drop menu image (not the stock browser drop menu style). I managed to do this for Safari, but in Firefox it still shows a big drop down arrow icon. I read up on it and it seems like you have to use a query plugin to override the styling in all browsers. Do you have any tips (of a chunk of code) on doing this? I figured since you did it to your demo, you could suggest how it can be done. I'm handy with patching code, editing css, editing templates, etc, but I don't know javascript at all. Thanks! Edit: We're using Joomla 1.7 if that helps to give you more direction)
Re: Custom drop menu image?
Oct 10, 2011 8:34 pm by Edvard
I'm planning to add the new look in the upcoming version. However if you check the source code of gtranslate.net you will see the javascript and the CSS which makes it work. The class name assigned to the selector is ".switcher". You can add them in the modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/default.php file.
Nov 5, 2011 4:29 pm by globalawakening
Edvard, Is there any way we can pay you to implement this on our new site? I managed to get just CSS looking okay in most browsers, but it doesn't work properly in any version of Explorer. I also had trouble getting the pro version installed so it's currently turned off. Thanks!
Nov 6, 2011 5:16 pm by Edvard
I can help you to install the Pro version for free. But customization need to be done by someone else. I suggest using the default language selector or just flags.