Forum Archive - [Solved] GTranslate Pro problems

[Solved] GTranslate Pro problems
Nov 4, 2011 9:37 am by fvs2o
Hi, I'm using Joomla 1.7.0 and GTranslate 3.141592 and the module doesn't work. I choose the flag and nothing happens. I tried to enable debug mode but it doesn't work neither. I've created .htaccess file on the root folder with the following code: RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /blog/gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /blog/gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] With it, I get the following error: 500 Internal Server Error. Thanks for help
Re: GTranslate Pro problems
Nov 6, 2011 4:42 pm by Edvard
Hi, You need to install plg_gtranslate for 1.7. There will not be a need to modify the .htaccess file in that case. Do you have 3rd party SEF extension installed?
Nov 7, 2011 7:54 am by fvs2o
Hi Edvard, the version installed is 1.6.x.27. By the way, I haven't a 3rd party SEF extensions installed. What are the steps that I've to follow? Thanks in advance
Nov 8, 2011 11:31 am by Edvard
Hi, You mentioned the module version. There is a GTranslate plugin which was sent to you when you made the purchase. I'll resend it again for you.
Nov 10, 2011 9:06 am by fvs2o
Hi, You mentioned the module version. There is a GTranslate plugin which was sent to you when you made the purchase. I'll resend it again for you. Sorry but I've got the same problem yet. I saw an .htaccess file inside gtranslate/cache folder. Is in there that I've to write the followin' code? RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] Thanks in advance, Feliu
Nov 10, 2011 12:51 pm by Edvard
1. You need to configure the GTranslate free module to use Redirect translation method and turn Pro option on and select appropriate main language. 2. Install plg_gtranslate1.7.zip from the product package, enable it and select appropriate default language. 3. Remove # gtranslate config from .htaccess and turn on Joomla SEF rewrite from global configuration settings. If you use 3rd party SEF extension for your Joomla you need to follow the instructions in general/readme.txt file in the product package.
Nov 15, 2011 8:54 am by krsweb
Hi So, if I use Arito JoomSEF i need to first instal plg_translate (for joomla 1.5) and then follow the instuctions in general/readme.txt ??
Nov 15, 2011 11:53 am by fvs2o
1. You need to configure the GTranslate free module to use Redirect translation method and turn Pro option on and select appropriate main language. 2. Install plg_gtranslate1.7.zip from the product package, enable it and select appropriate default language. 3. Remove # gtranslate config from .htaccess and turn on Joomla SEF rewrite from global configuration settings. If you use 3rd party SEF extension for your Joomla you need to follow the instructions in general/readme.txt file in the product package. I've done all the steps. However, no results. I'm working locally
Nov 15, 2011 1:33 pm by Edvard
Please uninstall the GTranslate plugin and follow the steps in general/readme.txt file in the product package.
Nov 16, 2011 7:51 am by fvs2o
Please uninstall the GTranslate plugin and follow the steps in general/readme.txt file in the product package. Done but I've got the same problem. Let me ask you one question. Check the attached image. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=56T1X3XM Furthermore, should I create .htaccess. file? Where? If you wish, I could give you remote access through Teamviewer. Regards.
Nov 16, 2011 1:29 pm by Edvard
If you send admin and FTP access I can install it for you. Please use the PM button under my name on the right.
Nov 16, 2011 3:14 pm by fvs2o
If you send admin and FTP access I can install it for you. Please use the PM button under my name on the right. Only through Teamviewer software. I wanna see the correct process live-online.
Nov 16, 2011 8:07 pm by Edvard
OK, then you need to have FileZilla open and connected to your server.
Jan 11, 2012 8:05 am by fvs2o
Hi Edvard, I haven't changed anything on my website and GTranslate is not working as well. Could you check it please? www.grupcapresa.com Thanks in advance, Feliu
Jan 16, 2012 12:15 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have just checked and can see that you have javascript errors on your site, it is related with cufon fonts. It need to be fixed. BTW. When I go to http://www.grupcapresa.com/en/ it shows me 404 not found error, it seems that you don't have the Pro version installed yet.
Jan 18, 2012 4:41 pm by fvs2o
SOLVED! Many thanks, Feliu