Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro WordPress Subdirectory Multisite

GTranslate Pro WordPress Subdirectory Multisite
Aug 9, 2011 12:02 pm by [email protected]
keep in mind this is a wordpress multisite installation that uses sub directories to create clone sites...so IF i made a clone site and called it 'fr', it would try to run a clone of my main site at iqsintl.com/fr/ here is the main site...others will be cloned with multisite to sub directories and then there will be domain mapping as well...i have the entire system working well... http://www.iqsintl.com/index.php this is a development site...the default web page for this domain currently is index.ASP and goes to the old site which is currently live...so you can only get to the development site by using index.PHP...keep this in mind...maybe it's our issue right now? when we go live we will of course change the default web page to index.PHP for translation, I had the free version integrated into my setup just fine...it works for the main site and domain mapped multisites...it has all been tested and works well... i then upgraded to Pro in order to be able to edit the translations manually and to have search engine indexing...I have followed all of the instructions...i know the ioncube loader is working, i have updated the htacess file, i can see the /fr/ /es/ urls loading for french and spanish for example...but after all i installed everything correctly and everything loads correctly, the translation simply disappears...the urls load, but it stays english...what am i doing wrong?
Re: GTranslate Pro WordPress Subdirectory Multisite
Aug 9, 2011 9:43 pm by Edvard
Try to set verify SSL to false in gtranslate/config.php.
Aug 15, 2011 12:26 pm by [email protected]
nothing changed edward...still getting the es/ directory to load the site, but it is in english...
Aug 17, 2011 10:22 am by Edvard
Can you enable the debug in config.php and post the contents of debug.txt here?
Aug 19, 2011 7:27 pm by [email protected]
* About to connect() to www.iqsintl.com port 80 (#0) * Trying 74.53.33.130... * connected * Connected to www.iqsintl.com (74.53.33.130) port 80 (#0) > GET /index.php HTTP/1.1 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0 Host: www.iqsintl.com Accept: */* Cookie: __utma=219423233.698853315.1305732846.1313410849.1313781693.55; __utmz=219423233.1313781693.55.56.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=I%20Quit%20Smoking%20International; wp-settings-time-1=1312832301; wp-settings-1=m8%3Dc%26m4%3Dc%26m0%3Dc%26m1%3Dc%26m7%3Dc%26m9%3Dc%26m5%3Dc%26m2%3Dc%26m6%3Dc%26m3%3Dc%26imgsize%3Dthumbnail%26editor%3Dtinymce%26m12%3Do%26m10%3Dc%26urlbutton%3Dfile%26hidetb%3D1%26align%3Dleft%26m11%3Dc; wp-settings-time-2=1311110815; wp-settings-2=m7%3Do; __unam=7a8868-131718d8b01-79adfea0-1163; __utmb=219423233.2.10.1313781693; __utmc=219423233; ASPSESSIONIDCAQQBTBD=DJDBIELCOHENMAMAJNHDGEFD < HTTP/1.1 200 OK < Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 < Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 < X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.14 < X-Pingback: http://www.iqsintl.com/xmlrpc.php < X-Powered-By: PleskWin < X-Powered-By: ASP.NET < Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:26:30 GMT < Connection: close < * Closing connection #0 * About to connect() to www.googleapis.com port 443 (#0) * Trying 74.125.67.95... * connected * Connected to www.googleapis.com (74.125.67.95) port 443 (#0) * SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed * Closing connection #0 Request: key=2e20ab86bef461c8e11dd9fa17f25f052daaabf5143f75369d5158957c3734328b4681aacc00c6d0b9219385c4d6210e78e822a8bf7df8d0f16cce2d9dc272089589807c78bc5a0e03b6c1672ecb9b8ebd5cc59e2066272df074470081ef4b9177ca5bd1c3168abb9d0ea1c8c0027f8f78e822a8bf7df8d0f16cce2d9dc27208145e3f4d41780d309b16757a5d655c4e&q=I+Quit+Smoking+%7C+Franchising+Network&userip=98.64.165.185&source=en&target=fr Response:
Aug 19, 2011 7:30 pm by [email protected]
http://www.iqsintl.com/gtranslate/error.jpg
Aug 21, 2011 10:48 pm by Edvard
Please make sure that your Translate API key ıs correct and also fıx the problem wıth your CA certıfıcate "SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK" or dısable the verıfıcatıon from confıg.php
Aug 22, 2011 12:52 pm by [email protected]
ok edvard...so thank you, i was able to get the translation working... however...once i setup my first subdirectory wordpress site and then map a domain to that subdirectory, then i am prompted to purchase a gtranslate pro license for the mapped domain... if i have to buy a license for each domain, then your solution will not work for my client...the software all runs on the same hosting account, it is just wordpress doing the directories and domain mapping, so it is a grey area for you i am sure... what can we do about this?
Aug 22, 2011 12:57 pm by [email protected]
and so you have a comparison of what i am looking to do...i can get the WPML translation system to work with gtranslate lite for under $200...i had already implemented that setup when i saw your offer for gtranslate pro for $99...the WPML system i setup allows me to map as many domains as i want with my wordpress subdirectory multisite...it also allows me to modify the translations very smoothly in the wordpress administrator per page/per site...it is absolute flexibility, whereas your system is a little awkward in the way you have to browse to the front end page to edit it...but for $99, i was going to see if it worked for us...if you cannot allow me to map domains to the installation for one price, then i would request a refund...what can we do?
Aug 24, 2011 2:01 pm by [email protected]
ok, let's forget the last two replies...let's say i purchase a license for each domain, because i like the way your system translates much faster... now, i need to edit the translations...i followed your instructions and i did get to the edit page...most of the page looks good, but the wordpress menu and your edit icons are getting blown up for some reason and i can't edit the menu, which i really need to do... http://www.iqsintl.com/edit_translation_wordpress_menu.jpg can we fix this? if you scroll below the wordpress menu, the rest of the page looks good and i see your edit icons and CAN successfully edit the translations, which by the way, i love, because it is smart and if you edit it in one place, it carries over to the rest of the instances in the site, terrific!
Aug 24, 2011 2:47 pm by [email protected]
i am trying to translate to french using your content editor, but i have a problem with a character... the ' does not work...everytime i type it, it looks good in your editor and on the edit page, but when the page saves, it prints out '/ with the / being extraneous :( any way around this, the ' is an important character for translations!
Aug 24, 2011 7:59 pm by Edvard
Hi, The huge icons can be because of the CSS in the slideshow. I just tried to validate your site and seems that there are some warnings and errors in the HTML syntax: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ator%2F1.2 Make sure that your server uses UTF-8 as a default charset. You can find that out with your hosting provider. Also, if you let me know the number of your domain names and what are they for on your multisite system I can make a nice offer for you.
Aug 25, 2011 11:53 am by [email protected]
i will fix the validation, check on utf, see if i can narrow down the style i'm supposed to be fixing, and will figure out how many licenses i need...thanks edvard
Aug 30, 2011 10:13 pm by [email protected]
i definitely have everything set to UTF-8, not only in wp-config, but also in my hosting settings...it is the default for all hosting accounts on my dedicated server...but i am still having problems with the ' the ' is displaying as \'
Aug 31, 2011 12:28 pm by [email protected]
edvard...i did fix one of the problems, the large icons...it was not a problem with the slider style sheet...in fact, it seems to be a problem with your gicons style...if you have images in the branding or access divs, your icons will take on the properties of the images in that div unless you override the styles like this... #access img.gicons { display:block; width:12px; height:12px; } #branding img.gicons { display:block; width:12px; height:12px; } once i did this, the icons appear normally...
Sep 1, 2011 10:30 am by Edvard
OK, I confirm that now your site uses UTF-8 as a default encoding. Try to modify Home to aaaaaaaaaaaa in French and save it. Then reload your page to make sure that you see aaaaaaaaaaaaaa. After that modify it again and set to a correct translated version.
Nov 5, 2011 10:23 am by [email protected]
You don't reply to my emails so maybe you will here...please deliver my paid licenses per my emails
Nov 6, 2011 5:32 pm by Edvard
Please be patient.
Nov 8, 2011 1:22 pm by [email protected]
"Try to modify Home to aaaaaaaaaaaa in French and save it. Then reload your page to make sure that you see aaaaaaaaaaaaaa. After that modify it again and set to a correct translated version." I tried your instructions to fix the extra '/' character in French...i was able to see the aaaaaaa and saved the page...then i added in the french text again , but i still am getting the '/' i don't think i am able to SAVE any edited translations...I get a SUCCESS after username and password, but then i refresh the page without the edit variable and i do not see the changes...is this a permission error?
Nov 8, 2011 2:19 pm by Edvard
Did you reload the page after you saw the success message?
Nov 8, 2011 9:13 pm by [email protected]
yes, i did reload, still seeing the '/' character... also, i am having a problem editing the translations...i mean i am not, but my client is...they say the password will not be recognized and it keeps asking for authentication over and over again...the password works for me, and i tried to reset it and it works again for me, but the client keeps getting the same result, it asks them for the password over and over again...how could it only work for me and not for the client?
Nov 8, 2011 9:16 pm by [email protected]
actually, i am getting a SUCCESS message when i edit the translations, but when i refresh, i don't see the edits...i don't think i can edit anything even though it says success...and my client still has problem with being asked for password over and over...
Nov 9, 2011 12:15 pm by [email protected]
the password works for the client when the switch only to firefox and their keyboard is in english...that is fine, password is success.. but nobody from any location is able to see any changes...we get success when we edit, but the page stays the same...i read about api limit, but we tried for 2 days in a row and still do not see any changes... is this a permission error?
Nov 9, 2011 2:31 pm by Edvard
When you save a translation it is being saved in gtranslate/cache/(XX)/(hash).human file if you after that copy all .human files to appropriate gtranslate_domain.com folder it will work. I'm coming to a conclusion that it will be better to use shared cache for all your sites. If you create a symbolic link from all gtranslate_domain.com/cache to gtranslate/cache folder it will work. It is easy to do in linux, not sure how to do that for windows, but you can possibly install a synchronization software which will keep all the chache folders synchronized.
Nov 9, 2011 2:43 pm by [email protected]
I have no idea how to do what you are saying...this is a nightmare edvard...i have paid you for 11 pro licenses, and i have spent over 2 weeks trying to get this installed...this is really not working for me...if you can't fulfill your agreement to make your software work, then you need to give me a refund because i spent ALOT of money with you and you are failing to get this working in an acceptable manner...my clients are angry, i have spent countless hours working on your plugin....it is ridiculous...i have never had such a problem with a plugin before and for me, it is useless...i want a refund...
Nov 9, 2011 2:45 pm by [email protected]
if you refuse to refund, like i see you to do to everyone, then you have my FTP access, now you spend hours fixing it because it is your software and you agreed to install it...so make it work! and do it fast because i am losing far more money than i spent with you already and you are a terrible business person if you can't support the guy who is promising to buy 50 licenses!
Nov 9, 2011 2:54 pm by [email protected]
yes, i manually copied the .human files from the gtranslate folder on the server to my desktop then back to the gtranslate_iqstransilvania.com folder and now i see the changes... but that is not an acceptable solution, please help me fix this...
Nov 9, 2011 2:55 pm by [email protected]
how do i... create a symbolic link from all gtranslate_domain.com/cache to gtranslate/cache folder?
Nov 9, 2011 3:03 pm by [email protected]
<?php $target = 'uploads.php'; $link = 'uploads'; symlink($target, $link); echo readlink($link); ?> this is php symbolic link code...it will work in windows...show me an example of how i would do it and where do i put this code?
Nov 9, 2011 3:04 pm by [email protected]
and i am still waiting for you to reply to my email about the index.php code to make my domain urls come up in the desired language...it has been over 5 days since you replied to that...please finish my case edvard!
Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Edvard
Hi, I'm not sure if you are a developer or a programmer, but what I say is really a simple thing. I'm suggesting you a solution which you are not able to understand, because probably that you are not a tech guy, but if you get money from a client you should at least understand what is a symbolic link. I have spend a lot of time answering your emails and forum posts. I have given to you a lot of code for your specific case. I'm telling you how to fix it and you still don't understand. I have done the installation differently, so now you have only one gtranslate folder for all domains and the cache is shared. Check gtranslate/config.php, .htaccess files and gtranslate folder contents to learn how it works now. I cannot add the script for language change for you.
Nov 10, 2011 12:52 pm by [email protected]
thank you for fixing it...i will get the url working with another developer...i have sent you a PM...i will let you know when i need more licenses...
Nov 10, 2011 3:07 pm by [email protected]
please also include license file for iqstesting.com
Nov 10, 2011 3:12 pm by [email protected]
will you fix the language script for extra fee? it is the last piece to my puzzle...
Nov 10, 2011 7:29 pm by Edvard
You can create a blank license file which will be populated later automatically.
Dec 13, 2011 6:28 pm by [email protected]
Hey Edvard... i have a big problem with the site... none of my translations are working, i have 404 errors... i have recently activated wp-super cache throughout the site, and after a few days, i suppose from caching and propagation, all of the gtranslate urls return 404 error now... i assume this has something to do with the cache? i am going to assume i have to delete something? can you tell me how to fix it? and will this destroy my override translations if i have to delete the gtranslate files? please help, and thank you in advance...many more licenses to come...i promise...
Dec 13, 2011 6:46 pm by [email protected]
if you add the gtranslate language string, gtranslate/translate.php?lang=ru, the language translation works... so the thing that stopped working was the subdirectory urls...i assume again it is because caching, and i am sure you are going to tell me to delete my cache folder contents... if this is correct, i have a few questions? 1. do i delete all of the contents of the cache folder, including all of the language subfolders? 2. i assume i have to restore the folders? or just make one cache folder and the subfolders get created automatically? or i make all of the subfolders with no files? 2. if this is the fix, will this destroy my translation overrides when i restore the folders with no files?