Forum Archive - User andpassword and strange characters

User andpassword and strange characters
Nov 18, 2011 12:02 pm by [email protected]
Just installed the Pro version on zetalabshop.com and all seem work well forthe moment, but I have same strange characters (see for example all the           at http://www.zetalabshop.com/en/products/ ... ifuges.php) So I tried to edit the page with the ?language_edit=1 but It does not accept the username and password (the one of config.php file) when I save the change to end/modify the translate. Any idea? Regards
Re: User andpassword and strange characters
Nov 18, 2011 4:13 pm by reaxion
I am having this same problem. And looking at other threads I'd just like to add my server meets all requirements up to this point... Thanks!
Nov 18, 2011 4:33 pm by reaxion
As it turned out, my server runs php as cgi, so I was instructed to add this to my .htaccess file <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L] </IfModule> I'm not sure if that is server specific to me, but you can try. but I'm getting a new error now as I edit my page (I'm editing text for an ecommerce site set up with Shopp) <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Attempt to modify property of non-object in <b>/home/rcakitshop/www/www/gtranslate/edit_translation.php</b> on line <b>20</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Attempt to modify property of non-object in <b>/home/rcakitshop/www/www/gtranslate/edit_translation.php</b> on line <b>21</b><br /> success
Nov 18, 2011 7:03 pm by [email protected]
Many thanks for your answer, but I don't understand if you have solved or not and if this suggestion is for strange characters or for the login and password problem. Regards
Nov 19, 2011 10:26 am by [email protected]
I solved the login and password problem adding: <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L] </IfModule> in .htaccess file Many thanks. I also find the solution for strange characters. The problem is in my html. I have to add: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> in all my page and compress the file deleting the white spaces. I have already some page translated now in the cache folder; my question is now: How do I make the new translation of the pages after changing the html code as described? Can I delete the chace content and re-start from zero or is there another way? Regards
Nov 21, 2011 11:24 am by Jarrell22
In our Moodle installation, we've noticed that if a username contains accented chararacters or cedillas (ç), then when adding the user to moodle, a second user is created with a negative ID, this user is registered in both joomdle and moodle but not in joomla, the original user only is registered in joomla. Also the user details (from the new user) in moodle are empty. ID Username 901 Ailó -502 ailã³ Any toughts on how to correct this. We already have modified our registration form, so that it doesn't accept those chars, but we already have a large number of users in this situation.
Nov 21, 2011 12:07 pm by Edvard
I have to add: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> You will need to use Unicode for all your pages: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> After changing that there is no need to re-translate the contents. To be sure now you can select UTF-8 character encoding from your browser and see that in that case you don't see weird characters. In our Moodle installation, we've noticed that if a username contains accented chararacters or cedillas (ç), then when adding the user to moodle, a second user is created with a negative ID, this user is registered in both joomdle and moodle but not in joomla, the original user only is registered in joomla. Also the user details (from the new user) in moodle are empty. I'm not sure that it is related to GTranslate. Did that happen after GTranslate installation?