Forum Archive - free GT module in Joomla : problem of flags & size...

free GT module in Joomla : problem of flags & size...
Nov 18, 2011 10:35 pm by jeanlou
hi, i tried GTranslate, works fin but i can't use it because : 1 - width : it is full of my columns or so it doesnt stick to module locations, too large! 2 - flags doesn't work, only the vertical mode without flag works in my site... Does anybody knows how to resolve these issues? Thanks...
Re: free GT module in Joomla : problem of flags & size...
Nov 21, 2011 11:48 am by Edvard
Hi, If you post your site address with GTranslate module enabled I may suggest.
Nov 21, 2011 11:21 pm by Avad
Hello, I have a question: I use the free version of this plugin When i press on flags it gives some error message (seen in firebug) function doTranslate(lang_pair) {if(lang_pair.value)lang_pair=lang_pair.value;var lang=lang_pair.split('|')[1];jQuery.cookie('glang', lang, {path: '/'});jQuery(function($){$('body').translate('nl', lang, {toggle:true, not:'.notranslate I switch via option the jquery off . But still it's not working On the same page there is other jquery library working OK Thank you!
Nov 22, 2011 6:54 pm by Edvard
Try to switch off the other jQuery library
Nov 23, 2011 6:11 pm by Avad
Hello, when i changed in index.php the path to other jquery library, then Gtranslate is working perfectly. But how to make both modules working. Thank you!
Nov 23, 2011 9:00 pm by Edvard
I would suggest you to use Redirect or Google Default translation method. The On Fly jQuery will stop working after Dec 1st, because Google is closing Google Translate API v1 which is used by On Fly method. We are going to make an official announcement soon, so people will take appropriate action to continue to use GTranslate.
Nov 24, 2011 8:36 am by Avad
Thank you for your replay. Does these options (Google default and Redirect) working in combinations with flags as well? I think it’s even not shown flags if these options are activated.
Nov 24, 2011 12:57 pm by Edvard
Redirect method supports flags. If you post your website address I may suggest. May be it is because your template.
Nov 24, 2011 9:06 pm by Avad
It's still on local machine (XAMPP) You are right the redirection is working. At least it's redirect to google translations page. But actually it's not, what i am looking for. I would like to find translator which translate it on /inside the site. It will be nice if gtranslate om my site would look likes as yours one :)
Nov 25, 2011 12:00 pm by Edvard
In that case you need to buy the Pro version.
Nov 27, 2011 11:04 am by Avad
We are still in the development phase, but we will think about. Could you please tell me what is the advantage of your extention compared to other product like SEF translate. It's using the same technology, right? Thank you!
Nov 28, 2011 12:46 pm by Edvard
GTranslate exists from 2008 and is very popular while SEF Translate is relatively new. You can use our product on any site instead of just Joomla. Our product allows to edit the translations right on place. You can watch the tour to see how it works: https://gtranslate.io/#!/tour It doesn't push you to buy Google Translate API key to use the Google Translate translations while SEF Translate offers only Bing Translations for free. GTranslate caches translated texts instead of caching the whole translated page. Which saves disk space and there is no need to re-translate the page when something changes on it. We also send updates free of charge offer free support and installation.