Forum Archive - 404 error

404 error
Nov 25, 2011 1:13 am by fjernsyn01
Hello I upgradet to the pro version yesterday and got a lot of problem. I just found out now that a lot had the same problem so I expect that in the first moment, I didn´t do anything wrong :-) . I get this error 404 when I try to change the languages on the flag. Everytime it change I will start having an error 404. on http://www.cleansolve.dk . I´m using joomla 1.5 and when I look in the installation I don´t need to do anything in the .htaccess file at all. I don´t know why I have this error. Hope you can give me something to look for. It´s a live site so will try to go back to the standard for the day. Best regards Michael
Re: 404 error
Nov 25, 2011 12:24 pm by Edvard
Please post here the contents of your .htaccess file. Also, it seems that you have wrong permissions for gtranslate/translate.php file. Please post also the permissions for gtranslate and subfolders with files if possible.
Nov 26, 2011 12:53 am by fjernsyn01
Hello I had such a big problem install proff version. I try to follow and then try to look at the other file for joomla 1.5 and drupal. I had a message about that I should get a legal key or what it was. Later I found out a lot had the same error and now that works again. I try to start all over again and delete at install again but I still get this 404 error everytime I use the flag and change the language. Before I changed alle the permission by following the but change them back to the standard 755 for maps and 644 for all the file Here is the .htaccess file Michael ## # @version $Id: htaccess.txt 14401 2010-01-26 14:10:00Z louis $ # @package Joomla # @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2010 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved. # @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL # Joomla! is Free Software ## ##################################################### # READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE # # The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems # with some server configurations. It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already # be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in # your .htaccess file. If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to # beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's. If they work, # it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here. # ##################################################### ## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above. Options +FollowSymLinks # # mod_rewrite in use RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^cleansolve.dk [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.cleansolve.dk/$1 [L,R=301] ########## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits ## If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below ## This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla! # ## Deny access to extension xml files (uncomment out to activate) #<Files ~ "\.xml$"> #Order allow,deny #Deny from all #Satisfy all #</Files> ## End of deny access to extension xml files RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} mosConfig_[a-zA-Z_]{1,21}(=|\%3D) [OR] # Block out any script trying to base64_encode crap to send via URL RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode.*\(.*\) [OR] # Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (\<|%3C).*script.*(\>|%3E) [NC,OR] # Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR] # Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) # Send all blocked request to homepage with 403 Forbidden error! RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [F,L] # ########## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits # Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL # is not directly related to physical file paths. # Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root) # RewriteBase / ########## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC] RewriteRule (.*) index.php RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L] # ########## End - Joomla! core SEF Section
Nov 26, 2011 11:23 pm by Edvard
Hi, It should be very easy to install. You will need to install the plg_gtranslate.zip for your Joomla 1.5 in the product package, enable it, select a correct main language and that's all. It is a very common extension installation in Joomla. Please read installation.txt file in the package for more details. If you are having problems with installation we can do that for you. Your .htaccess looks OK. Do you have a 3rd party SEF extension installed?
Nov 27, 2011 11:35 pm by fjernsyn01
I would be glad if you want to do it for me, install it. But for an other time I plane to buy the extension for other webpages I would like to know. Been reading it 20 times so I don´t learn more from there :-) . I use sh404sef and you say it should be no problem. It´s very importen they work together with a SEO component becaurs the effect would be very limited if I can non co operate wiht this. It will be perfect If you would install it for me but so irritatet that I can not do it by my self. Seem to be very simpel. Best regards Michael
Nov 28, 2011 12:03 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please use the PM button on the right to send FTP and admin access info to install it for you.
Dec 12, 2011 2:12 am by fjernsyn01
Just want to hear when you find the time to install ?? . Send the information a week ago. Michael
Dec 12, 2011 9:45 pm by Edvard
Hi, Sorry for my late response. You haven't notified me here that you have sent it. It is installed now. You can check: http://www.cleansolve.dk/en/ You need to turn on Pro option in GTranslate module options list.
Dec 14, 2011 6:11 pm by fjernsyn01
Okay I never try to use a PB before so don´t know how it work. I will just say that I am totally impress about this. I have been looking and checking and on the webpage and this product is proberly the coolest product I have ever seen for webpages. To see how it even changes the meta descriptions and title is just amayzing. A big fan. I will use this on many sites in the furture. Did you just follow you description for install it on the page ??. If i´m very confused ?? Thanks Edward. Michael
Dec 14, 2011 7:47 pm by Edvard
Hi, Thanks for your kind words. You had a 3rd party SEF extension, that's why it didn't work when you have installed the GTranslate plugin. I have installed it for general websites. The only difference is that the installation process is little bit longer with the second option. The manual is in general/readme.txt. If you use it for your other websites we will assist you to install it or do it ourselves.