Forum Archive - [Solved] Redirects to /lang but nothing translated :(

[Solved] Redirects to /lang but nothing translated :(
Nov 27, 2011 6:46 pm by [email protected]
Hi, I followed the installation instructions 100%, when redirecting it does change the lang /fr or other but the site always remains English... No clue what to do. Thanks. http://www.vertigoweb(dot)net Thanks! Vweb
Re: Redirects to /lang but nothing translated :(
Nov 28, 2011 12:20 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please remove your Google Translate API key, since probably you haven't paid for it and don't want to pay.
Nov 28, 2011 1:21 pm by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, Thanks for the reply, I have removed the API but same problem still... I had no clue you have to pay for this (Google API key), also why pay for this and how much would it cost? There is no mention on Google except = enter credit card details.... Thanks, Vweb
Nov 28, 2011 1:29 pm by Edvard
Hi, It seems that you are sending the old version. Just sent the new version to your email. You will need to replace all the files in gtranslate directory. Google Translate API v2 doesn't offer free courtesy limit (100.000 characters daily) any more, so you need to use the program without the API key or pay for the API key 20$ for 1.000.000 characters translation limit.
Nov 28, 2011 1:58 pm by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, The update seems to have fixed the problem, thanks for sending that asap!! Minor issues are the translation takes about 15 seconds per language, I have chmod the cache folder to 777 still slow, also once translated to french the Gavick slideshow on the main page seems to omit certain slides, not sure why. The rest works brilliantly... Thanks, Vincent
Nov 30, 2011 11:57 am by Edvard
Hi, Can you see that your the cache folder grows over time? Can you find files in gtranslate/cache/XX folders? Try to validate your site with validator.w3.org, may be you have a html syntax error in on of your slides.