Forum Archive - You don't have appropriate license

You don't have appropriate license
Nov 24, 2011 5:32 pm by agisgt
Hi I have the following message: You don't have appropriate license for wordlesstech.com domain name. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license. Please help Thank you
Re: You don't have appropriate license
Nov 24, 2011 6:18 pm by Edvard
Hi, It was a temporary issue on our side and it is fixed. Please check if you have enough disk space on your server.
Nov 24, 2011 6:25 pm by agisgt
It is ok now. Thank you!
Re:You don't have appropriate license
Nov 25, 2011 12:47 pm by agisgt
Hi We still have some peculiar problems with the translation! Thanks for the support
Re:You don't have appropriate license
Nov 25, 2011 12:48 pm by agisgt
We have a lot of those messages: Warning: file_put_contents(cache/fr/a454b475502d5451687a9a0cfa2aa1f1) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: File too large in /home/content/34/7789634/html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 305 Warning: file_put_contents(cache/fr/4fd4ecfd90b4cd28caba5e9276b08a6c) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: File too large in /home/content/34/7789634/html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 305 Warning: file_put_contents(cache/fr/95b2ad616380b70a52725ae900071ea3) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: File too large in /home/content/34/7789634/html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 305 ........
Nov 25, 2011 6:22 pm by ViVa Computers 2
I get also the message: You don't have appropriate license for your www.vivacomputers.nl. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license or go back. This is not good and there is enough space on the server.
Nov 25, 2011 7:27 pm by Edvard
As I have mentioned earlier, please check that you have enough available disk space. You may contact your hosting provider with this warning message: Warning: file_put_contents(cache/fr/95b2ad616380b70a52725ae900071ea3) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: File too large in ...
Nov 25, 2011 7:31 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please check why this file plugins/system/gtranslate/license.dat is missing? If you cannot find it, please create a blank one.
Nov 25, 2011 7:33 pm by ViVa Computers 2
I didn't remove it. How do I make a new one?
Nov 25, 2011 7:35 pm by Edvard
If you cannot find that in palace, you need to create a blank file name it license.dat and upload it to the appropriate location on your server.
Nov 25, 2011 7:37 pm by ViVa Computers 2
I have found in the zip that you send before a license and uploaded it into plugins/system/gtranslate/ but so far no result.
Nov 25, 2011 7:42 pm by Edvard
OK, do you know why it was gone? May be there are also other changes? Did you change anything on your server?
Nov 25, 2011 7:46 pm by ViVa Computers 2
I noticed that there is a license.dat in the plugins/system/gtranslate/gtranslate/ folder but it has is saying it is 0kb it is even not mentioning.
Nov 25, 2011 8:08 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Were exactly must the license be put? Because I saw a old one but it is not functioning. I changed only that I installed ReDJ Enterprise to channel some traffic with 200, that's all.
Nov 25, 2011 8:21 pm by Edvard
Can you turn on the debug mode in GTranslate plugin settings?
Nov 25, 2011 8:23 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Into which setting? By the way I will be gone in a moment so then we can try this tomorrow or soon....
Nov 25, 2011 8:24 pm by Edvard
to write debug info into file.
Nov 25, 2011 8:25 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Done that
Nov 25, 2011 8:31 pm by Edvard
Please check the last 10 lines of debug.txt file near license.dat file and contact your hosting provider to fix the issue for you.
Nov 25, 2011 8:32 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Oh boy again to my hosting and already don't like me :( Are they blocking something again? Yep I see it I will contact them :? let's hope they will do it because it is getting harder with them. Thanks for the help!
Nov 25, 2011 8:35 pm by Edvard
It seems so...
Nov 26, 2011 12:26 pm by agisgt
Hi I have plenty of space (only 3% used). I could not access your site and support! I deactivate GTranslate. Please tell me what is going on.
Nov 26, 2011 12:31 pm by Edvard
Please contact your hosting provider with the error. It is a server issue. We were having server overload recently, now it is fixed...
Nov 26, 2011 12:53 pm by agisgt
Edvard We have those messages when and after your server issue, yesterday and today. Thanks
Nov 26, 2011 12:55 pm by Edvard
It is not connected with my server issues. You need to solve that issue with your hosting provider.
Nov 26, 2011 5:02 pm by agisgt
I have send that issue with our hosting provider. In GTranslate folder/ cache, do I have to keep all those files in language folders, and for how long?
Nov 26, 2011 11:02 pm by Edvard
Yes, you need to keep them all for as long as possible.
Nov 27, 2011 11:32 am by agisgt
Hi Edvard The permissions to gtranslate/cache/XX folders are set to 777. But the files in those XX folders are 604 or 644. Is that normal? GTrasnlate still is not working Thank you for your help
Nov 28, 2011 1:03 pm by Edvard
Did you contact your hosting provider? What did they tell you? You see, the error says that "File too large", it is not a permission problem, permissions are OK. It cannot be the case, because it was working before and then you started to notice that warning messages.
Nov 28, 2011 1:10 pm by agisgt
Hi Edvard The problem came right after your server problem. In my opinion we have to uninstall and reinstall GTranslate. This is the answer from Go Daddy: Please note that we are unable to support third party plugin issues and we do not support the inner functionality of this plugin. In most cases, slow performance on a database driven web site is the result of too many database connections being made by the site code or the database itself needing to be optimized. I recommend that you review the code for the site to ensure that it is making as few connections as possible in order to retrieve the data, and that those connections are being closed properly. You can also optimize the database tables from within in the phpMyAdmin interface provided with the hosting account. How To Optimize MySQL Database Tables in phpMyAdmin: • Click Hosting under My Products on the left • Click the Manage Account link for the hosting account which holds the database • Click MySQL under Databases • Click Open Manager for the database you wish to optimize • Log in • Click the database table to be optimized on the left side of the screen • Click the Operations tab • Under Table maintenance, click Optimize table NOTE: The Optimize option may not appear for every table. If it does not, that generally means the table is already at maximum optimization. Please let us know if we can help you in any other way. Sincerely, Ken P. Online Support Representative
Nov 28, 2011 1:20 pm by Edvard
Hi, I must repeat. That the warning is not connected with the resent server overload issue. If you read the warning message it clearly says that it is not able to write the file on your server because it is too large. We have other customers on GoDaddy hosting and they don't have problems. It is clear that you don't have enough disk space available. GTranslate doesn't use database, so it is not connected with database optimization too. If you can give access to your hosting panel we can look into to check the issue for you.
Nov 29, 2011 6:22 pm by agisgt
Hi Edvard Did you look into the hosting panel to check the issue?
Nov 30, 2011 12:01 pm by agisgt
Hi Edvard, At this stage I have established with my web host that the problem has nothing to do with them. Since the issue started after your server overload problem we are certain that this is what's causing the problem. Therefore I would like to ask you to please re-install the plugin since it used to work fine before your server overload maybe re-installing it from scratch might fix the issue. If not I would like a refund please as the plugin is only making my website look bad at the moment... Thank you for your help, A
Nov 30, 2011 12:22 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have just tried to figure out what happens. I can verify that you have enough disk space. I have created a sample file which tries to write a file in the cache directory, but it cannot do that and the error appears. The file name is info.php you can access it http://wordlesstech.com/info.php. Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to solve the problem with only that file. When it is solved, it will also solve the problem with GTranslate which is not able to write into cache.
Nov 30, 2011 8:54 pm by agisgt
We receive from GoDaddy: Dear Agis, Thank you for your reply. We have reviewed the error being received when visiting http://wordlesstech.com/info.php and it appears to be related to the current directory structure of your hosting account. Your hosting account currently has an improper directory structure. There are directories that have greater than 1,024 files plus folders combined. The amount of files/folders in this directory is causing an issue with backing up your account, as well as maintenance operations on the shared server. This appears to be causing the script to time out when it attempts to write to the cache directory. Each directory should have a total maximum of 1,024 files and folders. Any more than this can cause file system latency and slowness when accessing FTP and hosting from the Web. You will want to reduce your directories to have no more than 1024 files and folders combined. We also we ask that any scripts that automatically create these files be optimized to not create more than this amount. Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way. Sincerely, Stan P. Online Support Team
Dec 1, 2011 1:51 am by Edvard
Hi, I have other clients on GoDaddy hosting and they don't have that error. Ask them to move your site to a different server. It is a server issue.
Dec 2, 2011 7:24 am by agisgt
Hi Edvard After many emails with Go Daddy the final conclusion is: “Thank you for your response. It is my understanding you have a question regarding your hosting. Your shared hosting account's directories can hold up to 1,024 files. This limit prevents customers' file structures from taxing the server's resources and negatively affect its load time. If you have more than 1,024 files in a directory, you might receive an "Out of Disk Space" when trying to add or create more files in that directory. This doesn't mean that your entire hosting account has exceeded its disk space, only that directory has. You can avoid this issue by splitting directories with many files into sub-directories, and by pruning any 'cache' or 'thumbnail' directories your site uses manually or with a cron job. We will warn customers exceeding this limit and may relocate files to maintain server performance. However, your hosting account cannot hold more than 500,000 files and folders (Windows) or inodes (Linux). You would also need to create your own backups.” Some Language folders in GTranslate/cache, have more than 5000 files. Can you organize the language folders to contain sub folders with no more than 1000 files? Thank you Agis
Dec 2, 2011 12:41 pm by Edvard
Hi, They just make you believe that it is not their problem. I must repeat I have other customers who are using GTranslate Pro on their server with no issues. Just think if there were "limits" why you can see now that there are more than 5000 files in one directory? If it is not able to save cache it will not function correctly. To answer your question. No, we cannot organize files in different directories to solve their "limits".
Dec 2, 2011 3:18 pm by agisgt
Edvard I have a very specific problem with the plugin. You said that is not your fault, but Go Daddy has a written policy for their files in folder. I cannot change their policy and I still have this error. Your clients probably they do not have so many files. Can you please tell me what to do? If you have a method to convince them please do it. You are the expert Thank you A
Dec 3, 2011 8:40 pm by ahr
Hi there. Just a stupid question, is domian slapit.org not the same as www.slapit.org licensens wise? if not could you please change it from slapit.org to www.slapit.org. Regards Allan
Dec 5, 2011 6:30 pm by Edvard
@agisgt I can only suggest you to ask them to move your site to another shared server or may be disable backup for gtranslate/cache folder to not use resources as they mention. You can delete the cache files, but it will populate them again. You see it is not possible to convince a big company to do something, everybody there does their job and nobody is interested to do something for you out of his job description. @ahr www and non-www should use the same license.
Dec 7, 2011 12:56 pm by agisgt
We cannot do anything with go Daddy. As you mention it is not possible to convince a big company to do something. So please uninstall GTranslate from our installation and refund. Thank you for your effort and if you find a better solution to this particular problem, please inform us.
Dec 7, 2011 1:31 pm by Edvard
Hi, We cannot make a refund for you, because your translated pages are already indexed in the search engine indexes, you can check in google if you search site:http://wordlesstech.com/ru/ Here is our returns policy: https://gtranslate.io/returns-policy
Dec 7, 2011 4:03 pm by agisgt
Can you please explain what exactly you mean “translated pages are already indexed in the search engine indexes”? I cannot uninstall your plugin? Then if google search cannot find those translated pages, what is the problem for our site? I would like to resolve now any problem!
Dec 7, 2011 4:12 pm by Edvard
If you don't want to use it, you are free to uninstall it. Currently Google or other search engines already indexed the translated pages delivered by GTranslate Pro version. Also, you are using it for more than one month.
Dec 7, 2011 4:18 pm by agisgt
How can I uninstall it? I need instructions.
Dec 7, 2011 4:29 pm by Edvard
1. You need to disable the language selector 2. Remove gtranslate folder from your site 3. Remove # gtranslate config rewrite rules from .htaccess 4. Remove Sitemap definition line in robots.txt file 5. Remove sitemap.txt file
Dec 7, 2011 4:37 pm by agisgt
Where is the “language selector”? (in Home page?) Where is: # gtranslate config rewrite rules from .htaccess? Where is Sitemap definition line in robots.txt file?
Dec 7, 2011 4:47 pm by Edvard
If you don't have a language selector then you don't need to do anything. If you open .htaccess file and cannot find # gtranslate config then nothing to be done. If you open robots.txt and cannot find Sitemap inside it, then nothing to be done.
Dec 7, 2011 4:50 pm by agisgt
I have in home page a language selector and I would like to keep it
Dec 7, 2011 4:53 pm by agisgt
In .htaccess file I have this: # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress ------ In robots.txt I have this: User-agent: * Sitemap: http://wordlesstech.com/sitemap.txt
Dec 7, 2011 5:06 pm by Edvard
Remove: # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] from .htaccess Remove: Sitemap: http://wordlesstech.com/sitemap.txt from robots.txt file. Delete sitemap.txt file.
Dec 12, 2011 7:46 am by agisgt
Hi Edvard Can not delete Files or folders from GTranslate folder. I receive this error: Command: DELE 000c016d34ff41e245b69c67f22c83ff Response: 550 Could not delete 000c016d34ff41e245b69c67f22c83ff: File too large Thank you
Dec 12, 2011 9:46 pm by Edvard
It is a hosting issue. Please fix it with GoDaddy.
Dec 17, 2011 1:49 pm by agisgt
Edvard It is ok now Thank you
Aug 8, 2013 6:38 pm by securebuy
Dear GTranslate, We are getting error all over our website: “You don't have appropriate license for your www.securebuycommerce.com. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license or go back”. We paid you for the license. I would appreciate if you would correct this issue ASAP. Do you not have a support email? Please advise.
Aug 9, 2013 11:15 am by Yana
Hi, Your license is active. Please check. Probably your server had a temporary connection issues with our server which caused a delay in getting a new license key.
Aug 9, 2013 3:30 pm by securebuy
Our server has not had any communication issues; on the other hand your licensing server seems to have issues on a regular basis based on posting in your form. I cannot afford to have our clients think we are pirating anyone’s software. Your application functions very well when it works, but the damage to our company’s image and SEO when you product is unable to reach your licensing server make me question if we should uninstall your application and request a refund. Can you grantee us that you’re licensing server will not fail again? If not can you make modification to your application to remove the constant callbacks to your licensing server? If not the risks of using your application outweighs the benefits. Additionally you did not answer my question in my last post, do you have technical support email? Please advise.
Aug 9, 2013 7:40 pm by Yana
Hi, Our server is on reliable network and it is stable. We do not have downtime. We also use network monitoring tools and the fact that we have not experienced any downtime or significant issues speaks volumes. You should check your server availability. You can use online monitoring tools. You can use the contact form on our homepage. Thanks !
Aug 14, 2013 3:52 pm by securebuy
We are receiving the same error again: You don't have appropriate license for your www.securebuycommerce.com. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license or go back. You licensing server is failing to authicates our licenses. We have not had a server outage in the last 24 months. Our servers are in an IBM datacenter and are monitor 24/7. This is the last attempt that I am going to make to get you to engage in resolving this issue. I will paid your company to perform whatever diagnostics is necessary to correct the licensing issue or pay you for a lifetime licenses that does not require a callback to your platform for authentication of our licenses. Im not sure why this issue is happing and I don’t care, I just want a permit fix to the issue. If this is not an option, please process a refund. Please advise as this is very damaging to our SEO, if you are interesting in helping us resolve the issue, just let me know hoe much you want and I will pay you!. You can post a reply direct to us at: https://www.securebuycommerce.com/contact-us.html
Aug 14, 2013 11:41 pm by securebuy
Your application operating again after a 6 hour outage. I would still like to discuss pay you for a lifetime licenses that does not require a callback to your platform for authentication of our licenses. Please advise.
Aug 15, 2013 7:00 am by Yana
Hi, It should connect to our server to refresh the license. We do not have the license which will not connect to our server.