Forum Archive - Gtranslate PRO works partly

Gtranslate PRO works partly
Nov 30, 2011 9:20 am by pnagaev
Website http://www.exchangefaq.ru 1. Russian to English - translate only first post 2. Russian to Ukrainian - translate everything 3. Russian to French translate pages and some words Please, help to find error.
Re: Gtranslate PRO works partly
Nov 30, 2011 10:01 am by pnagaev
I see in debug.txt HTTP/1.0 414 Request-URI Too Large or Response: <!DOCTYPE html> <html lang=en> <meta charset=utf-8> <title>Error 414 (Request-URI Too Large)!!1</title> <style>
Nov 30, 2011 2:22 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you try to add some <span> tags in the long sentences? Example: replace: long long text goes here with: <span>sentence1</span> <span>sentence2</span> <span>text</span> goes here That will make the translator to translate not the whole long text, but part by part... You can separate sentences with <span> tags to not loose the meaning.
Nov 30, 2011 6:35 pm by pnagaev
Hm... very strange. In some cases it wors in some not. 1. Why it works perfect with Ukranian language? 2. What is the the limitation to length of the string for google? 3. What is requirements for content of the post that gtranslate could translate normaly?
Nov 30, 2011 7:02 pm by pnagaev
English at this moment seems to work correctly, but other languages not.
Dec 1, 2011 12:17 pm by pnagaev
I don't like to modify my posts that Gtranslate could work. Could you, please, make that Gtranslate translates posts from my blog automatically?
Dec 1, 2011 12:28 pm by happygeek
I am having a similar problem like yours. If the solution is asking customers to modify their code I'd say the product is not mature at all. This is something I wouldn't expect from Google.
Dec 1, 2011 12:54 pm by Edvard
1. Why it works perfect with Ukranian language? - May be you have random content on your page? 2. What is the the limitation to length of the string for google? - It depends if you use the translator with API or without. If you use it without API key it is about 4500 bytes. If your content is in UTF-8 format then it is about 2000 characters. If can pay for Google Translate API key, the limit will be increased to 5000 characters. 3. What is requirements for content of the post that gtranslate could translate normaly? You will need to use some formatting in your posts. Ex. <b>, <i>, <u>, <p>, <span>, etc... tags to separate long texts.
Dec 1, 2011 8:29 pm by pnagaev
Edvard, please, return me money and remove my licence for exchangefaq.ru. Sorry, it is not what I really need.
Dec 2, 2011 12:05 pm by Edvard
Hi, If you want I can do that. But you can use it with Bing Translator API key and it will work.
Dec 2, 2011 12:16 pm by pnagaev
No, thanks. I will use a possibility to translate manually. Thank you.
Dec 2, 2011 12:18 pm by Edvard
You can use GTranslate to manually translate your site if you want. There is such option just in case you didn't know that.
Dec 2, 2011 12:55 pm by pnagaev
I know about that options. Please, return money.
Dec 2, 2011 1:02 pm by Edvard
We have made the refund per your request.
Dec 2, 2011 6:00 pm by pnagaev
Thank you very much. Sorry for all.