Forum Archive - Gtranslate Pro in Joomla 1.5 issue

Gtranslate Pro in Joomla 1.5 issue
Dec 1, 2011 5:01 pm by paulg
Hi Edvard, I have a question because I had a very serious issue after installing the plugin on my Joomla website (1.5.25). When I activate the plugin, the website (front and backend) goes completely down and I had to deactivate the Gtranslate-plugin in my SQL-database. :? For your info; ionCube loader is active and I use default Joomla settings for SEO, so "search friendly URL's" and "Apache mod-rewrite" are active. I don't use a third-party SEF extension. Questions: - Do I have to modify my .htaccess file with the settings in the mail from the general-folder although I don't have a third party SEF-extension? - Is it also necessary to upload the gTranslate-folder to the root? - And if I have to upload the gTranslate-folder; do I have to uninstall the plugin or is the folder an addittion to the plugin? I'm a bit confused now because in some cases this plugin is not as simple to install as it seems and the instruction in the mail is not very clear how to act when default Joomla SEF is active in Joomla 1.5. Greetings, Paul
Re: Gtranslate Pro in Joomla 1.5 issue
Dec 2, 2011 10:26 am by paulg
I'm a step further! :D First I upgraded the gTranslate module from 1.5.x.27 to 1.5.x.28 and activated the Pro-setting and redirecting. After that I installed the plugin and now it works great! But now I have the problem that when I try to edit the menu-items in the backend of my Joomla-console I get a error-500 page. When I disable the gTranslate-plugin the menu-items are reachable again. Can you advice me in this, Edvard? Greetings, Paul
Re: Gtranslate Pro in Joomla 1.5 issue
Dec 2, 2011 12:57 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you find the PHP error log and send it to us? You can try to disable the plugin while editing the menu items or you can uninstall the GTranslate plugin and install Pro for general websites by following installation steps in general/readme.txt and that error will not happen.