Forum Archive - Question on blank lines in head tag for GTranslate Pro

Question on blank lines in head tag for GTranslate Pro
Dec 4, 2011 5:24 pm by nemmar
Edvard, You installed GTranslate Pro on my site for me. I noticed there are about 14 blank lines before and after the Gtranslate stype tag in the head tag of the pages. How can I remove those un-necessary blank lines? Here is what it looks like in the page source code: </title> <style type="text/css"> a.flag {font-size:24px;padding:1px 0;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-image:url('/modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/lang/24a.png');} a.flag:hover {background-image:url('/modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/lang/24.png');} a.flag img {border:0;} a.alt_flag {font-size:24px;padding:1px 0;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-image:url('/modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/lang/alt_flagsa.png');} a.alt_flag:hover {background-image:url('/modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/lang/alt_flags.png');} a.alt_flag img {border:0;} </style> <script type="text/javascript">
Re: Question on blank lines in head tag for GTranslate Pro
Dec 5, 2011 6:33 pm by Edvard
Please check your template. The blank lines should be there.
Dec 5, 2011 11:53 pm by nemmar
Please check your template. The blank lines should be there. I checked the RocketTheme template in the Template Manager and there's nothing there related to GTranslate and there are no blank lines in the template. Do you have any other advice on how to fix this?
Dec 6, 2011 12:53 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please remove the language selector from your site to check if the blank lines come with the language selector or not.
Dec 6, 2011 1:28 pm by nemmar
Edvard, I disabled the language selector on the site and there still is 15 blank lines before and after the following GTranslate <style> tag. <style type="text/css"> </style> The GTranslate lines of code don't display inside that <style> tag when I have the language selector disabled. But the problem must be caused by the GTranslate <style> tag and is adding 15 blank lines before and after this tag. So there must be somewhere in the GTranslate templates/files where these blank lines are coming from. Let me know what advice you have. Thanks.
Dec 6, 2011 1:43 pm by Edvard
If you can give me access I will be able to look into, but I'm sure that it is not caused by gtranslate.