Forum Archive - Can't find English default language

Can't find English default language
Feb 7, 2011 2:12 pm by SKNAM
Hi, I installed Gtranslate to my joomla 1.5 website, the website is in English, but when I want configure the module to the site default language , I can see Irish, but not English. If I let in Irish it cause wrong translating. Is someone had this type of issue? Thx in advance
Re: Can't find English default language
Feb 7, 2011 8:11 pm by Edvard
Not sure I understand you. Your site is in English, but you want to put the default language as Irish? You can find the default language option in the GTranslate module options list. If you use Google Default translation method try to use another method. May be you don't see English on the list after the translation?
Feb 8, 2011 1:58 pm by SKNAM
No my website is in English, I choose Irish because I did not see the choice English. I don't know why but in the site language list in the module it display "Francais" instead of "English", I found the bug when I opened the mod_gtranslate.xml http://www.platinium-rent.com/images/gtranslate.gif Anyway this is a great module, the free version works great, I'll maybe upgrade to the pro, I just need to make sure that I'll be able the make it work alone. (or I need your support) Regards
Feb 8, 2011 4:10 pm by Edvard
Yes, it is a known issue in the joomla core when your back-end default language is French. For some reason it translates English to Francais...