Forum Archive - Update REQUIRED to continue using the FREE version

Update REQUIRED to continue using the FREE version
Nov 25, 2011 7:38 pm by Edvard
Dear users, If you are using Free version of GTranslate prior to x.28 for Joomla, 1.0.31 for WordPress and x.8 for Drupal you need to update your free version to continue to use GTranslate. This update is required due to Google Translate v1 closure after Dec 1, 2011, which is used by the On Fly translation method. To update it, you will need to download the latest version available and [*:2wsaahx6]Use the Extensions manager to install it on top of the old version on your Joomla[/*:2wsaahx6] [*:2wsaahx6]Use the Plugin updater automatic upgrade feature or update files in gtranslate folder in wp-content/plugins directory on your WordPress[/*:2wsaahx6] [*:2wsaahx6]Update files in gtranslate folder in sites/all/modules directory on your Drupal[/*:2wsaahx6] Quick notes: [*:2wsaahx6] The Pro users are not affected.[/*:2wsaahx6] [*:2wsaahx6] Google Translate v2 is available as a paid service.[/*:2wsaahx6] [*:2wsaahx6] There is a free alternative Bing Translator available in Pro version.[/*:2wsaahx6] [*:2wsaahx6] GTranslate Pro can work without Google Translate API or Bing Translator API key.[/*:2wsaahx6] [*:2wsaahx6] GTranslate Pro uses the same translation technics as Google Translate Element does.[/*:2wsaahx6]
Re: Update REQUIRED to continue using the FREE version
Nov 26, 2011 6:54 pm by Shapeshifter 3
So, 1.) Does that mean that there will be NO FREE VERSION offered any more? 2.) If so, will there be one (1), or two (2) paid versions offered? 3.) If so, what will the prices be for each version? 4.) Is so, is there a version 2 available for download now?
Nov 26, 2011 10:41 pm by Edvard
The title says that you need to update to continue to use the free version, it means that THERE IS A FREE VERSION.
Dec 3, 2011 9:58 pm by satguy
I get the drift on updating. A) what is or where is the "plugin adaptor" please B) or if I go to wp/content/plugins/gttranslate which I have no problem doing, when I get there, where are the file(s) that have the update? Please type slow as I am not all that bright :D Satguy
Dec 5, 2011 9:09 am by mcastell
Hello, I updated the module and I realize that is not the method of translation "On fly". I can only translation "redirect"? Thank you for your attention greetings.
Dec 5, 2011 6:10 pm by Edvard
Hi, You will need to download GTranslate free from our website and replace all the files in wp-content/plugins/gtranslate folder. The On Fly is removed since it was using Google Translate API v1 which is now closed.
Dec 5, 2011 8:10 pm by askthetrainer
Is the on the fly translation still available for the PRO version?
Dec 6, 2011 12:53 pm by Edvard
The Pro version is using Redirect translation method as before.
Dec 7, 2011 8:34 pm by satguy
Well sadly enough I just tried the new free version. It is quite terrible as Google does not do a very good job at translating. Since I cannot afford your translation widgets, I am going to go without as I am not taking any chance of loosing clients over this. Too bad for me. FYI The previous version was many many times better than this one. Too good to be true I guess. Thanks anyhow as I understand that these things are beyond your control. Satguy
Dec 8, 2011 11:37 am by mhjgkane
Hi Edvard Not your fault but this change by Google has just wrecked some finely honed buttons I had added to a client's site. Trying to explain the change is not going down well. Does your paid version offer the same level of transparency as the free version did previously if I select to use Google's api v2? Will the free version ever have support for this? Thanks
Dec 8, 2011 12:09 pm by Edvard
Hi, The free will not support v2 ever. You can test the Pro on our site https://gtranslate.io and see how it works. There will not be a need to pay for Google API to use the Pro.
Dec 9, 2011 6:56 pm by BloodyBakala
Dear Edvard, I have just installed the last version of Gtranslate free version of joomla 1.7. I have noticed that on fly method does not work so I read this with missunderstanding: update-required-continue-using-the-free-version-t1250.html As you told us; To update it, you will need to download the latest version available and Use the Extensions manager to install it on top of the old version on your Joomla Well, nothing happens after installing the last joomla 1.7 version. Could you please help us, so as to know how could we have again the flags and on fly method? Kind Regards. Jorge
Dec 12, 2011 6:01 am by djbeemer
Hi Edvard, Just so I'm clear before purchasing, is it possible to use 'on the fly' translation as pre dec 1st with Gtranslate pro and Bing?
Dec 12, 2011 8:43 pm by Edvard
Hi, GTranslate Pro was never using On Fly translation method. Pro version uses Redirect translation method, you will have your translations available under domain.com/fr, domain.com/it, domain.com/de, etc URLs.
Dec 12, 2011 8:44 pm by Edvard
On Fly translation method is closed. You can have the flags only with Redirect translation method.
Dec 14, 2011 8:10 am by manuelcalavera
Hi Edvard! First of all, thank you for this plug-in. A big thank you. It is extremely useful and simple to use. The On Fly method was simply amazing since it translated the whole page without disturbing elements such as embedded fonts, certain classes etc and left out disturbing google pop-ups. Thanks to you, one could use nice embedded fonts as a part of the design and still have a completely multilingual site instantly with just one click from the user. So I just want to be completely sure of this: is there any way I can achieve the same effect / funktion as the On Fly Method with gTranslate Pro? Thank you again, Edward Forslund
Dec 14, 2011 7:17 pm by Edvard
Hi, Thanks for your kind words. The Pro version uses Redirect translation method. I think it will suit your needs. You can check how it works on our website: https://gtranslate.io you can find the language selector on the top right corner. It is risk free to use, we have 30 day returns policy if you will not be satisfied: https://gtranslate.io/returns-policy
Dec 14, 2011 8:34 pm by manuelcalavera
Is it the exact same redirect translation method that is included in the free version? If not, what's the difference? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks, Edward
Dec 15, 2011 1:52 pm by Edvard
No, it is not the same. You can find the difference here: https://gtranslate.io/#pricing
Dec 19, 2011 7:11 pm by manuelcalavera
Okay, thanks.