Forum Archive - Gtranslate Pro problem

Gtranslate Pro problem
Dec 6, 2011 6:03 pm by ezioc
Ok, after a lot of configuration changes I got it partially to work. My problem now is that my buddypress installation is in a subfolder (/wp) and even if I have activated on config.php the follow path to true right now when I try to switch the language I got looged out form the site because I can see that the url is wrong... is that one withot subfolder. Please help!!
Re: Gtranslate Pro problem
Dec 7, 2011 1:20 pm by Edvard
Hi, If it will not be possible for you to rename wp to something else longer than 2 letters you will need to add this lines in your .htaccess instead to exclude "wp", so it will not treat wp as a language code. # gtranslate config RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/wp RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/wp RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/wp RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/wp RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/wp RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA]
Dec 7, 2011 4:48 pm by ezioc
Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately i'm unable to change the 2 letters name bacause I'm afraid if I do that there will be a lot of things that will stop working. I could not find anywhere a clear procedure for that. I tried to add the code the code you gave me, first just adding to what was already present on my .htaccess and in a second instance removing the code that come with the standard gtranslate leaving only the new one. In both cases when I try to switch language it translates but it logs me off and even trying to do the login again it keeps staying logged out. Please help. Thanks
Dec 7, 2011 5:03 pm by Edvard
Please post your .htaccess contents here.
Dec 7, 2011 5:39 pm by ezioc
I asked my provider to rename my folder installation fro wp to main. Will that do the trick?
Dec 7, 2011 5:50 pm by Edvard
If you are unsure, no need to make the change. Just post your .htaccess file contents here, so I can check that for you.
Dec 7, 2011 6:15 pm by ezioc
Please consider that my provided has already moved my buddypress from /wp to /main RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteBase /wp/ RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] # uploaded files RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$2 [L] # add a trailing slash to /wp-admin RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^ - [L] RewriteRule ^[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L] RewriteRule ^[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/(.*\.php)$ $1 [L] RewriteRule . index.php [L]
Dec 7, 2011 7:20 pm by Edvard
If this is the /main/.htaccess file then you need to change RewriteBase to /main/ remove # gtranslate config and place it in your wwwroot .htaccess file. Can you also post your .htaccess file in upper directory of /main?
Dec 7, 2011 8:33 pm by ezioc
OK, we moved back to /wp because nothing was working anymore. The file I sent you before was that one included on the /wp folder. I modified it as you suggested. Below the .htaccess for the upper folder RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteBase /wp/ RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] # uploaded files RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$2 [L] # add a trailing slash to /wp-admin RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^ - [L] RewriteRule ^[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L] RewriteRule ^[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/(.*\.php)$ $1 [L] RewriteRule . index.php [L]
Dec 8, 2011 8:55 am by Edvard
So you say that /.htaccess and /wp/.htaccess are the same now?
Dec 8, 2011 1:52 pm by ezioc
No, right now I'm not using gtranslate because doesnt work for me. I made so many chages that I'm confused. At the moment the gtranslate part is ony on the .htaccess on wwroot. I just need to know what should I do. Please provide help or installing for me, otherwise please refund.
Dec 8, 2011 3:47 pm by Edvard
Please send FTP access info, so I can install it for you.
Dec 8, 2011 7:34 pm by ezioc
I sent you private message with ftp account
Dec 9, 2011 12:57 pm by Edvard
Hi, It is installed, please check: http://faceboooh.com/es/wp/ for Spanish. You will need to configure GTranslate language selector to use Redirect translation method and turn on Pro option.
Dec 9, 2011 1:42 pm by ezioc
It still doesn't work. I was able to translate the same way you did, the problem is that when I translate it logs me out from the site. Check that please. To try you can connect to my site using facebook connect or registering and then try to switch languages, It stays connected only if i dont change languange and I remain in English.
Dec 9, 2011 1:53 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have checked how it sets the cookie for logged in users. It seems that it is using /wp path when setting the cookie, so when you go to /es/wp it doesn't send the cookie data and it shows that the user is not logged in. If you can force it to set cookie for / instead of /wp then it will work. Do you use the default wordpress plugin for logins?
Dec 9, 2011 4:56 pm by ezioc
It is a buddypress 3 columns , if you login with buddypress yes, otherwise there is the facebook connect. Do you know how i can force the cookie for /?
Dec 9, 2011 5:04 pm by Edvard
It is possible if you change bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-auth.php file to change the cookie path. However, is there a particular reason you use "wp" subdirectory? I think it would be better if you use the root instead of it to not have possible future problems with it.
Dec 11, 2011 10:09 pm by ezioc
Edvard, I've tried together with my provider to move my instalation to the root folder. Unfortunately the move was unsuccessfull, to many errors, so we rollback to /wp again. Now, I really need to find a solution for Gtranslate, I'm not able to find the class.wp-auth.php file on what I can see on my ftp server. Help.
Dec 12, 2011 9:28 pm by Edvard
If you want I can move it to your root folder and make appropriate configurations, so you will not have errors.
Dec 12, 2011 9:57 pm by ezioc
That's ok for me, but please take in consideration that when the provider did it i was not able anymore to login for 3 hours until they rollback to the backup. If you feel confident , please do that but do not take the risk of messing everything up.
Dec 12, 2011 10:24 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please make a backup to be on a safe side and let me know, so I can start. I would do it tomorrow, it is 2:25am in here.
Dec 13, 2011 1:56 pm by ezioc
Backup is done, I zipped the all public_html folder and I backed up the database. I hope this s gonna be enough. Consider that the main issue last time we tried to move to the root folder was that we could not login, same thing that happened when we tried gtranslate, and all the avatar were not showing. Let me know when you start and when you finish. Thanks
Dec 14, 2011 7:20 pm by Edvard
OK good, I'll let you know soon. Please hold from making any changes while I work on it.
Dec 16, 2011 12:14 am by ezioc
Edward, I have no more time to spend in this endless configuration. I'm going to use something different. Please refund. Thanks
Dec 17, 2011 4:11 pm by Edvard
We have made the refund per your request.