Forum Archive - The pro version installation confused

The pro version installation confused
Dec 7, 2011 11:16 pm by takisd
Hi, I tried to install the pro version in my domain and in a subdomain with no success. I read other similar posts, but i'm confused. I need a little help here. I'm using joomla 1.5 and in installation instruction writes that I have to use the plg_gtranslate.zip package. I have installed it and enable it. what then? Regards Takis
Re: The pro version installation confused
Dec 8, 2011 8:59 am by Edvard
Hi, After that you need to add the language selector (GTranslate free module) and configure it to use Redirect translation method with Pro option enabled. If you give access to your site, we will install it for you.
Dec 8, 2011 10:59 am by takisd
Hi Edvard, I sent PM.
Dec 8, 2011 4:44 pm by Edvard
Hi, I don't have access to change Global configuration settings to enable Apache mod_rewrite. You need to enable it and rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess if you haven't done that already.
Dec 8, 2011 5:00 pm by takisd
Hi, you are now super admin.
Dec 8, 2011 5:12 pm by Edvard
It is installed: http://www.privatelabelinventory.com/es/ Please complete the installation by modifying robots.txt and creating sitemap.txt file. You will find how to do that in installation manual. I cannot do that, I don't have FTP access and there is no extplorer installed.
Dec 8, 2011 5:16 pm by takisd
Hi, The blue area (module) that I have in right is not translating, why?
Dec 8, 2011 5:19 pm by Edvard
It is using javascript effects. It cannot be indexed or translated. If you can disable the effects to not use javascript when generating it, then it will be translated.
Dec 8, 2011 5:24 pm by takisd
Thank you very much Edvard, I appreciate your quick responce. Regards Takis
Dec 8, 2011 5:59 pm by takisd
Hi again, It is using javascript effects. It cannot be indexed or translated. If you can disable the effects to not use javascript when generating it, then it will be translated. I tried the Google Default and I can see that translating everything, those areas and even more, some buttons that pro version can not. Is it possible the pro version to be less than default? :o This is the only bad thing in my site now :roll: Regards Takis
Re: [Solved] The pro version installation confused
Dec 8, 2011 6:21 pm by takisd
Hi again, I'm sorry but I found another problem not in installation but in my subdomain. I tried to install in my development environment that is subdomain and gtranslate answers with the following: "You don't have appropriate license for your dev.privatelabelinventory.com. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license or go back." Is it not for entire domain? When I subscribed I didn't use www. but domain name. Regards Takis
Dec 8, 2011 9:52 pm by Edvard
Hi, Let me know if you want me to enable a license for your dev.privatelabelinventory.com.
Dec 8, 2011 10:31 pm by takisd
Hi Edvard, Yes I would like this please. I want you also to see why is not translate the areas that default translation does and I mention in my previous post. Regards Takis
Dec 10, 2011 2:22 pm by takisd
Hi Edvard, When are you going to answer in my questions? I want to work other things than waiting for a solution. Furthermore, there is one more sirious problem in the list. I use a IPN Paypal sobi2 plugin that with the new free gtranslate version it dosn't work any longer, sending 0 EUR to the Paypal page. Please answer and solve all of them in order to continue working! Regards Takis
Dec 12, 2011 11:30 am by takisd
Hi Edvard, Any progress? Regards Takis
Dec 12, 2011 9:51 pm by Edvard
Hi, It is enabled now for your dev subdomain. I'm not sure about the IPN, could you describe the issue more in details in a new topic?
Dec 12, 2011 10:10 pm by takisd
Hi Edvard, It is enabled now for your dev subdomain. Thanks a lot. Sould I install the same or I have to do something else? Hi, I'm not sure about the IPN, could you describe the issue more in details in a new topic? I asked support from them, if I don't have any answer i'l desribe it in a new topic. Hi again, It is using javascript effects. It cannot be indexed or translated. If you can disable the effects to not use javascript when generating it, then it will be translated. I tried the Google Default and I can see that translating everything, those areas and even more, some buttons that pro version can not. Is it possible the pro version to be less than default? :o This is the only bad thing in my site now :roll: Regards Takis It's important for me, in order to use your translation, to translate everything on my site like the free version. So answer this please. If there is a way to be like the free version only then it will be accepted. Regards Takis
Dec 12, 2011 10:31 pm by Edvard
You can use the same package on your dev site. The Pro version is translating the source code of your site and then displays it. Since your right menu is generated with javascript, it is not found in the source code of your site to be translated by the Pro version. The solution is to use a different menu option, which doesn't use the javascript to be displayed.
Dec 12, 2011 11:36 pm by takisd
Hi Edvard, I understood that. I asked why the free version is working so effectively? If i decide to use the free version is it possible to make some css on the module in order to match my site colors? Thanks and regards takis
Dec 14, 2011 6:50 pm by Edvard
There is a conceptual difference between the free and pro versions. The free version translates the page after it is rendered and javascript has done all the modifications to the DOM. However there is no cache and search engines cannot index the translated pages. Pro version translates the HTML source code and only after that javascript is fired. That's why the menu doesn't get translated, since it is being generated by javascript. If you use Google Default translation method you cannot customize it much.
Dec 14, 2011 9:34 pm by takisd
Hi Edvard, It's a pitty because the only way for a tree like menu is that way. Also do not translate some buttons. Regards Takis
Dec 16, 2011 12:06 pm by takisd
Hi Edvard, When I mention some buttons I mean all the buttons. When the button is like: <input class="button" type="submit" value="Login" name="Submit"> all remains without translation. I think this is not jave isn't? Regards Takis
Dec 17, 2011 4:14 pm by Edvard
It doesn't translate the <input> value attribute by design. If you want a button to be translated you need to use <button> tag instead.