Forum Archive - [Solved] Trouble with Sitemap and Translation Edit

[Solved] Trouble with Sitemap and Translation Edit
Dec 7, 2011 3:05 pm by lastmanpower
I need assistance with the translation editing with the pro version. I've followed all the steps outlined in the instructions for a joomla 1.7 site - hotelmansionsangil.com. However when I modified the robots.txt file and created the sitemap, it caused a 404 error, so reverted to the original files. Still unable to get to the edit language page. Please help.
Re: Pro Version - Trouble with Sitemap and Translation Edit
Dec 7, 2011 3:34 pm by lastmanpower
its also made the default language of the site spanish, even though the site is written in English. Upon arriving on the home page, the GTranslate Module does not offer English as an option as it seems to think the site is already in English. In order to view the English I have to tell it to translate to Spanish first and then translate back to English, which gives a poor translation rather than using the content which exists on the site.
Dec 7, 2011 6:12 pm by Edvard
I'm completely lost. I can see that you have installed the Pro version since I can see Spanish version of your site: http://hotelmansionsangil.com/es/ However, I can see that you are using Google Default translation method instead of Redirect translation method with Pro option on for GTranslate module.
Re: Trouble with Flags in Pro Version
Dec 8, 2011 6:53 pm by lastmanpower
I've gotten the site translated now, but now the flags and the drop down menu doesn't work. Only way to change the language is manually enter /es in the url. please advise.
Dec 9, 2011 11:10 am by Edvard
Hi, It seems that you have enabled the Analytics feature. Since you don't have Google analytics code installed on your site you need to turn that option off.