Forum Archive - How to protect Joomla article TITLES from being translated?

How to protect Joomla article TITLES from being translated?
Feb 2, 2011 12:11 pm by [email protected]
Q: Can I exclude some parts from being translated? A: Yes, you need to wrap the text you don't want to be translated with <span class="notranslate"></span>. Hi! I'm using module Gtranslate on some of my sites and it's really a nice and easy way to add translation :D . For article content it works fine with <span class="notranslate">text</span> but how to protect Joomla article titles from being translated? It doesn't matter what code you write in the title field, everything is "stripped" after saving the article. If I try it in article content like <H1> and <H2> it's not working either. I'd be really grateful if someone can help me with this :( /Catarina
Re: How to protect Joomla article TITLES from being translat
Feb 7, 2011 8:38 pm by Edvard
You can add class="notranslate" attribute to your heading tags. Ex. <h1 class="notranslate">Title</h1>
Feb 8, 2011 9:53 am by [email protected]
Hi and thank you for your response. I solved the problem with the article title (the one you write in a form field) by changing "Show article title" to "No" and then use a headline (the same text as in the title) in the beginning of the article with <h1 class="notranslate">. But how to protect for example names and other contact info from the Contact component fields, you can write code in the fields but after saving it's all gone :( .
Feb 8, 2011 10:09 am by Edvard
The best you can do is to add overrides in your template, so the output of the contact form will include notranslate classes for the tags you don't want to be translated. Please read how to make joomla overrides here: http://docs.joomla.org/Category:Overrides