Forum Archive - Subdirectory Translations

Subdirectory Translations
Jan 5, 2011 11:54 am by [email protected]
Hi, I am having very strange problem..... Google has pickup the followin URL's /sw/el/page-1.html /sw/el/page-2.html /sw/el/page-3.html etc. I mean I dont want the subdirectory "el" of "sw"to be shown because it causes double metatags in Webmaster Tools. Why this is happening and what can I do about it?
Re: Subdirectory Translations
Feb 8, 2011 10:52 am by Edvard
Hi, Please use this rewrite rules instead of the old ones: # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] This will prevent the indexing of double language codes, and if you access for example: /sw/el/page-1.html you will end up on /sw/page-1.html