Forum Archive - [Solved] fatal error ../menu.php on line 311

[Solved] fatal error ../menu.php on line 311
Dec 5, 2011 8:11 pm by marcelhartman
Installed Gtranslate Pro to my domain ( connect2water.com ) and it's having some problems. My provider checked the system requirements and these were also installed. - When i select a page it gives me the following error: Fatal error: Call to a member function getAuthorisedViewLevels() on a non-object in /home/w0297369/domains/connect2water.com/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/menu.php on line 311 Can somebody help me? Tnx :P
Re: fatal error ../menu.php on line 311
Dec 6, 2011 2:20 pm by Edvard
Which version of Joomla do you use?
Dec 6, 2011 4:47 pm by marcelhartman
I use joomla 1.7.3
Dec 7, 2011 1:13 pm by Edvard
Hi, Did you install plg_gtranslate1.7 ?
Dec 7, 2011 8:48 pm by marcelhartman
Yes plg gtranslate 1.7 is installed. Reinstalled it to be sure. Now even the frontpage gives the same error and generates 2 new errors: -Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) -Fatal error: Call to undefined function S() in /home/w0297369/domains/connect2water.com/public_html/includes/menu.php on line 86 @edvard: please check your p.m.
Dec 8, 2011 8:52 am by Edvard
I'll check. Can you just disable it for now and confirm that there are no errors when you disable it?
Dec 8, 2011 11:27 am by marcelhartman
Gtranslate Pro is disabled, it's now functioning normal and without errors. In the components section (backend) you will find "Extplorer" for viewing and editing system files. Thanks in advance!
Dec 8, 2011 3:03 pm by Edvard
Cannot login, please verify and let me know.
Dec 8, 2011 4:05 pm by marcelhartman
Sorry my fault, your good to go now.
Refund request
Dec 9, 2011 3:30 pm by marcelhartman
Dear Gtranslate, I would like a refund of Gtranslate Pro order number #97870
Dec 9, 2011 4:52 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can we know the reason for your decision to make our product even better?
Dec 9, 2011 5:29 pm by marcelhartman
Yes of course you can. -the paypal assigment isn't automated, after payment i never got an email with download instructions. I had to email your site to get the Pro plugin. -after reading the forum, there are a lot of problems with the Gtranslate Pro installation. -My pro version still isn't working -I Wanted to ask you how to get flags inside the dropdown menu and change the language next to the flag (as on your site), but a im afraid to ask, because it can take a while.
Dec 9, 2011 6:02 pm by Edvard
The process is automated. It is not my fault that the order confirmation email went to your spam folder. A lot of problems, because a lot of people use it and only a few percent of people have problems. If it was not a good product it wouldn't be so popular. We have sent you a PM telling that it is installed and it works, probably that mail also went into your spam folder. Here you can check: http://connect2water.com/es/
Dec 9, 2011 9:58 pm by marcelhartman
Plz don't get me wrong. I still would like Gtranslate Pro to work, but it only works when the Pro plug is disabled, because you asked me to, some time ago. If you enabled it now, the same fatal error appears.. So i could be worng, but i don't think it is working properly Here you can check (after enabeling the pro pluging): http://connect2water.com/es/ or here http://connect2water.com I'm not spending 80 euro's on a pro plugin that is turned off... :?
Dec 12, 2011 8:46 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have installed GTranslate Pro for general websites for you. You don't need to enable it now. You can uninstall GTranslate system plugin or leave it disabled. As you can see now it works, when you go to http://connect2water.com/es/ you can see Spanish version.
Dec 12, 2011 10:00 pm by marcelhartman
Aha, tnx :D I gues the edit part is in http://connect2water.com/gtranslate/edit_translation.php But can you pm me the access details. I want to change the setting for language recognition. and how can i edit languages for better translation?
Dec 12, 2011 10:20 pm by Edvard
Hi, If you want to edit for example Spanish version of your home page you need to go to connect2water.com/es/?language_edit=1 (just appent ?language_edit=1 to any page URL you want to edit). You can define your login/password for translation editing in gtranslate/config.php file.
Dec 17, 2011 2:46 pm by marcelhartman
Hi Edvard, Is it possible to autodetect the language of the visitor. this was possible in the joomla pro plugin. But i cant change this in the "normal site" PRO version. Is it possible to edit a article, instead of lose words. Because in this case it is very hard to change the order of words in a sentence. TNX
Dec 17, 2011 4:44 pm by Edvard
Hi, Not yet, that feature will be available in the next version. You can only edit the words / sentences / texts parsed out from your site. However you can manipulate your article HTML code to change the formatting. For example on our website we use <span> tag to wrap every sentence, so it will be possible to edit everything sentence by sentence.