Forum Archive - 404 Joomla module Pro Version.

404 Joomla module Pro Version.
Dec 6, 2011 12:01 am by natastna2
Hello Edvard, We were trying to get the Joomla module working for my site www.seed-city.com a couple of weeks ago and you suggested upgrading to Joomla 1.5.22. I have now upgraded to that and I've installed a newer copy of the gtranslate module. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same 404 errors whenever I try to use the plugin. Could you please take a look? Regards, Anthony.
Re: 404 Joomla module Pro Version.
Dec 6, 2011 11:50 am by natastna2
Hello, When I switch to using the Joomla module version, and I load my homepage, I'm taken to my main root / but the language is in /cs/. I've set the default language to English as far as I can see but it seems to think I should be in czech or something. I'm not sure whether this is the major cause of the problem but maybe it could help you to identify what's going wrong. Regards, Anthony.
Dec 6, 2011 12:30 pm by maribel
Can you tell me what you did for fix error 404? I have the same error.
Dec 6, 2011 12:46 pm by natastna2
Hello, I haven't fixed the 404 errors. When I switch over to the joomla module version I get 404 pages when I click the flags but the homepage is translated into cs language automatically so I'm hoping that that problem may give Edvard something to work with.
Dec 6, 2011 12:50 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can I still login with the old access details?
Dec 6, 2011 1:39 pm by natastna2
Yes, you should be able to login with all the old details. Thank you for your time. Getting this working would be excellent. There must be some difference between smell stoppers and seed city that im not seeing.
Dec 6, 2011 5:41 pm by natastna2
If you temporarily remove the htaccess rules regarding the old non-Joomla version and activate the Gtranslate plugin you'll see the problem I am having. I do not know why it would choose cs as the default language for my website but hopefully that will lead us to the solution :-) Thank you for your time. Regards, Anthony.
Dec 8, 2011 9:24 am by natastna2
Hello Edvard, have you had any luck? In addition to not being able to get the Joomla module to work, I'm now getting error messages such as this: Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [s:Client] TranslateApiException: GenericError : ID=3644.V2_Soap.Translate.C6D56BB in /home/connectc/public_html/seed-city.com/gtranslate/translate.php:100 Stack trace: #0 when I translate to certain languages such as /af/. I could really use some assistance. This error is not showing on Smell Stoppers so I really need to get the Joomla module version working for Seed City. Please help. Regards, Anthony.
Dec 8, 2011 9:46 am by natastna2
My Smell Stoppers translate.php in /gtranslate is 90.72kb and my one in Seed City is 81.16kb. When I replace the Seed City one with the Smell Stoppers one I get "you do not have appropriate license" error message. Can you please send me the latest version of Gtranslate for my Seed City domain. If there's a 10kb difference there must be some new files. I keep asking for the updated version for Seed City but I've yet to receive anything. Even if it did work, I guess it would have no effect on the Joomla module version as the translate.php file is only used for the non-Joomla module version? Please can you take a look into this, it's working perfectly on Smell Stoppers but Seed City is causing a lot of problems. Regards, Anthony.
Dec 8, 2011 3:41 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please don't do anything. I'll get back to you soon.
Dec 9, 2011 2:31 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, I will not change anything but I really do need to get this Joomla module version working on Seed City. I have another shop I'm about to launch and would love to get another license, but I'd rather get what I have working first. For some reason today /af/ and zh-tw are now working but /hr/ is not. There's probably not much point in working on getting that fixed as now the on-the-fly version is unavailable it means a lot more to us to have the Joomla version as the translation should work all the way through the checkout. There must be some way to diagnose the cause of the 404 errors when using the Gtranslate plugin, I don't think my Joomla installation is odd in any way. Please just get back to me when you can. Thank you for your time. Regards, Anthony.
Dec 12, 2011 2:23 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, I'm still getting the SOAP errors on languages such as /af/. Am I right in thinking these errors can be fixed by upgrading to the latest version? If so can you please send me the latest version of Gtranslate for www.seed-city.com. I keep on asking but never receive anything. Fixing this problem is only a side issue to getting the Joomla module version working so if you could please look into that, I've sent you all the relevant details. Thank you for your time. Regards, Anthony.
Dec 12, 2011 9:57 pm by Edvard
Hi, Yes, that should be fixed. Can you please uninstall and reinstall ArtioSef? I think that should do the trick with 404 issue. Or may be you can give me a phpMyAdmin access to your database?
Dec 12, 2011 10:06 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, I'm still getting the SOAP errors on pages such as http://www.seed-city.com/af/ I can give you access to the mysql database as uninstalling and reinstalling artiosef would get rid of a big database file containing all our SEF urls and due to the selector there are thousands. Is this error message on: http://www.seed-city.com/af/ simply a result of it not being an upgraded version, can this be fixed? Thanks for getting back to me. Regards, Anthony.
Dec 12, 2011 10:27 pm by Edvard
Yes, please send it, I'll look into it for you.
Dec 12, 2011 10:41 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, I'll pm you my cpanel login details now. It is important that the jos_sef_url table still be in place so that our indexed urls do not 404 so please be careful for that. The SOAP errors on http://www.seed-city.com/af/, can you address that at all? Regards, Anthony.
Dec 13, 2011 12:07 am by natastna2
Hello Edvard, I've PMed you the details. I am using the same version of Joomsef in smellstoppers but then the version of virtuemart is different so that may not mean that there is not a problem there. Please let me know if you find anything. Thanks for your time. Ant.
Dec 13, 2011 5:01 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, There are still SOAP errors on http://www.seed-city.com/af/ and others. When you say you've fixed it, can you tell me what you've done? There's still a 10kb difference between the translate.php on Smellstoppers and the translate.php on Seed City which would suggest that they are different versions. Can you please update my Seed City Gtranslate or send me the newest version??? Regards, Anthony.
Dec 14, 2011 4:52 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, when I turn off SEF urls altogether and erase the old htaccess rules and enable the Gtranslate plugin it does work fine and /af/ etc will work then so the problem with the Joomla modulel version is definitely to do with Joomsef. However, I have been over all the controls I can see differently between smell stoppers and seed city and I cannot find any that will fix the 404 errors in Seed City or cause a similar error in Smell Stoppers. I'm fairly sure, judging by some of your responses to other users that the SOAP errors I am experiencing on URLs such as http://www.seed-city.com/af/ are to do with my version being outdated so if you could either send me the updated version or update it yourself I would be grateful. For the Joomla module problems, if you have any ideas as to what could possibly be causing the 404 errors I would again be very grateful. Thank you for your time. Regards, Ant.
Dec 17, 2011 8:33 pm by natastna2
Please can you respond Edvard. Thank you.
Dec 19, 2011 11:53 am by Edvard
Hi Anthony, Sorry for my late response. I never got the cpanel information. Can you please resend.
Dec 19, 2011 12:43 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, I've sent you my Cpanel details again by PM. Please can you look into the SOAP errors on http://www.seed-city.com/af/ and if you have any idea what facet of Joomsef is causing the 404 errors in Seed City. Thank you. Could you please confirm you have received my details?
Dec 21, 2011 2:05 am by Edvard
Hi, Please check, it seems to be fixed. Also the issue with ArtioSef has been fixed.
Dec 21, 2011 4:31 am by natastna2
Thank you for taking the time to help Edvard. It seems to work fine, there's just two questions I have, in the database, there's a jos_sef-Urls which is now increasing from 10mb andn there's a jos_sef_url2 which is 568mb which I take it is the old one, am I able to replace 2 with 1 and regain my old indexed URLs or is that format different with this new version of Joomsef? Also, when I am in a foreign language and I click on the selector on the left of the site I am taken out of the /bg/ or whatever folder, is this changeable? Thanks, Ant.
Dec 21, 2011 9:52 am by Edvard
Hi, You can rename jos_jomsef2 to jos_jomsef after deleting current jos_jomsef. Not sure about your second question. What you are trying to achieve?
Dec 21, 2011 12:23 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, I mean when you go to a page like this: http://www.seed-city.com/bg/ and then you click on any of the links in the seed selector on the left hand side of the site you are taken out of the /bg/ folder but it is still in Bulgarian. I am assuming this means that foreign language pages using the seed selector are not going to be indexed. I was wondering if there was a way to have those pages indexed, as in to retain the language folder when browsing those pages. Thanks for your time. Ant.
Dec 21, 2011 5:51 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, I was also wondering if I need to set up a redirect from /en to / as my default language is English but I notice /en/ is in the sitemap and I was worried that I may receive a duplicate content penalty if I have all my content in english on / and on /en/. If you could let me know if these /en/ pages will be indexed, I'd be grateful. Thanks, Ant.
Dec 23, 2011 1:07 pm by Edvard
Hi, You have too much syntax errors in your HTML syntax: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ator%2F1.2 Please fix at least "end tag" errors. No need to worry about /en to / redirect, there will not be any penalty since both of them are on the same domain. You can have the same content available on many URLs. However you can set the redirect it just to look nice.
Dec 23, 2011 2:26 pm by natastna2
Hello Edvard, thank you for your replies. I'm very nearly done with Seed City and then on to King Chron! I've been looking through the end tags for the selector trying to get it to remain in the language folder when the options are clicked. The link you sent me has lines like: Line 267, Column 50920: end tag for "li" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified …Value">(25)</span></a></li></span></ul><p3>Available as Single Seed</p3><ul ><… ✉ You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">". But as far as I can see that is fine. Do you have any idea of what would be likely to be causing it reverting back to / rather than the language subfolder? Thanks again, Ant.
Dec 23, 2011 2:37 pm by Edvard
The thing is that after the translation the href of the left side links doesn't change to include the language code.
Dec 23, 2011 2:58 pm by natastna2
Yes, that is the problem I am having. Do you know whether this is fixable? Regards, Anthony.
Dec 25, 2011 3:12 pm by Edvard
I think if you fix the HTML syntax errors it will be fixed too. You can try another valid template temporarily to find out if that works.