Forum Archive - Remove GTranslate credit tag from HTML

Remove GTranslate credit tag from HTML
Dec 17, 2011 3:39 pm by jb11
Hi Edvard I was wondering, seeing that Pro customers paid for the script, whether it possible for the Gtranslate translation script to NOT include the <!-- generated by GTranslate Pro v3.14159 .... visit http://edo.webmaster.am/gtranslate --> credit tag in all translated HTML pages? I am just asking as I wonder whether Google Bot might penalize sites in the long run for auto translated pages as Google tends to favor unique content. I am concerned this tag might be used in FUTURE by Google to determine auto translated pages, and might be used to penalize sites using GTranslate. This also seeing that GTranslate is so popular now with many sites being indexed with this credit tag. It is also possible to search for sites with this particular tag. If you are planning a future update, will appreciate an option in the config.php code to remove this credit in all HTML pages for paid customers? Thanking you JB
Re: Remove GTranslate credit tag from HTML
Dec 17, 2011 3:42 pm by Edvard
We will take into account your suggestion. Thank you.