Forum Archive - Cannot enter new text into translation

Cannot enter new text into translation
Dec 20, 2011 5:06 pm by rjmgtrans
Hi Have managed to get to the edit translation stage using ?language_edit suffix. On clicking the edit icon against a piece of text a yellow box is displayed. However, you cannot enter any new text into this box and the only way to remove the box is to press 'enter'. Please help.
Re: Cannot enter new text into translation
Dec 21, 2011 9:16 am by Edvard
Hi, It can be because of "end tag" errors in your HTML syntax: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.a ... ne&group=0 If you can create a temporary user, so I can see what you are experiencing I can tell exactly why that happens.
Dec 21, 2011 9:55 am by rjmgtrans
Hi Edvard Please use username -- / --? regards Richard
Dec 21, 2011 10:03 am by Edvard
Hi, I've checked it with Chrome browser and was able to edit the translations. Can you try it with Chrome or Firefox?
Dec 21, 2011 11:11 am by rjmgtrans
Hi Yes, I can edit in Chrome. However, I cannot go to any other pages from the page that is first displayed for editing. Also, I cannot click on any of the other language flag. Also, I don't see anyway of logging out of the edit function. Regards Richard
Dec 25, 2011 2:40 pm by Edvard
Hi, That is by design. If you remove the ?language_edit=1 from the URL it will turn off the edit mode and you can navigate. Whenever you need to edit something you can put language_edit=1 in the URL to enable it.