Forum Archive - Gtranslate PRO Joomla installation in subfolder of domain

Gtranslate PRO Joomla installation in subfolder of domain
Dec 23, 2011 11:29 am by mbeddis
Hi We purchased the pro version yesterday. We licenced our domain name (rather than the subfolder the joomla installation is located in). we are using Joomla 1.5 and Joomla SEF. We are trying to use it with the Free version language switcher alongside Joomfish. The site operates via Joomfish in English and Spanish. After fiddling with .htaccess and the GTranslate folder location I managed to get a basic operation from the front page of the website however, we are getting menu URL problems - the language code appears to be placed in the wrong place. For example, the normal URL's we generate are something like http://sitgeshouses.com/realestate/en/about-us.html But the GTranslate generated link is something like http://sitgeshouses.com/DE/realestate/e ... ut-us.html (I've had to switch off for the moment so can't be exact). These generated menu links dont work - 404. My question is, 1) Should we have registered the domain and subfolder (sitgeshouses.com/realestate) rather than just (sitgeshouses.com)? If yes, can we change the licence to the correct location please. 2) Is there anything fundemental stopping Gtranslate working in a subfolder installation of Joomla (its tricky to move now). Its a great plug-in - We hope you can suggest something. Regards Mark Beddis (for sitgeshosting / sitgeshouses)
Re: Gtranslate PRO Joomla installation in subfolder of domai
Dec 25, 2011 3:02 pm by Edvard
Hi, You will need to uninstall the GTranslate plugin if you have installed it and follow installation steps in general/readme.txt file (you need to install it in the www root directory, not in subfolder as described).