Forum Archive - [Solved] GTranslate Pro not working

[Solved] GTranslate Pro not working
Dec 6, 2011 10:48 pm by pdavies
I have have been using the GTranslate Pro for over 12 months now. It was working very well but now nothing happens when any language flag is selected. I have ensured that the latest Java platform has been installed.
Re: GTranslate Pro not working
Dec 6, 2011 11:38 pm by pdavies
I have tried Google default setting and the languages all work fine. It seems that the On the Fly option has been disabled and the flags will not work.
Dec 7, 2011 1:24 pm by Edvard
Hi, With GTranslate Pro you should use Redirect translation method.
Dec 8, 2011 1:55 am by pdavies
I already tried this but get a 404 error message. I will now check previous threads to see if this issue had already been discussed.
Dec 8, 2011 3:44 pm by Edvard
I'm not sure what you did, but when I visit http://unityfinance.com.au/ I can see 500 server error.
Dec 12, 2011 2:12 pm by pdavies
Hi Edvard I tried to change the .htacess file to include the gtranslate config details as suggested by your FAQ but made a mess of it. I have fixed the problem but still have not got the redirect option to work. Regards Peter Davies
Dec 12, 2011 9:55 pm by Edvard
Hi, When I go to http://www.unityfinance.com.au/gtransla ... hp?lang=ru I can see Russian, but when I go to http://www.unityfinance.com.au/ru/ which should be the same as http://www.unityfinance.com.au/gtransla ... hp?lang=ru I can see 404 error code. It means that you have something wrong in your .htaccess file. Can you post your .htaccess file here?
Dec 13, 2011 7:45 am by pdavies
Hi Edvard Thanks for having a look at this for me. I have downloaded the .htaccess file to my hard drive and attach it here. ## # @version $Id: htaccess.txt 13415 2009-11-03 15:53:25Z ian $ # @package Joomla # @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2008 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved. # @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL # Joomla! is Free Software ## ##################################################### # READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE # # The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems # with some server configurations. It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already # be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in # your .htaccess file. If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to # beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's. If they work, # it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here. # ##################################################### ## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above. Options +FollowSymLinks # # mod_rewrite in use RewriteEngine On ########## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits ## If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below ## This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla! # ## Deny access to extension xml files (uncomment out to activate) <Files ~ "\.xml$"> Order allow,deny #Deny from all Satisfy all </Files> ## End of deny access to extension xml files RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} mosConfig_[a-zA-Z_]{1,21}(=|\%3D) [OR] # Block out any script trying to base64_encode crap to send via URL RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode.*\(.*\) [OR] # Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (\<|%3C).*script.*(\>|%3E) [NC,OR] # Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR] # Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) # Send all blocked request to homepage with 403 Forbidden error! RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [F,L] # ########## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits # Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL # is not directly related to physical file paths. # Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root) RewriteBase / ########## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC] RewriteRule (.*) index.php RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L] # ########## End - Joomla! core SEF Section Thanks again Peter D
Dec 14, 2011 7:00 pm by Edvard
Hi, I cannot see # gtranslate config which is necessary. You can get the rewrite rules from general/readme.txt file. Do you have a 3rd party SEF extension for your Joomla?
Dec 15, 2011 5:12 am by pdavies
Hi Edvard I use Artio JoomSEF. I looked for gen readme text file in my Gtranslate folder but cant find it. Please advise where this file can be accessed. Thanks Peter D
Dec 15, 2011 7:17 am by alt_f4
try to add to yout .htaccess the following lines RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] Reagrds, alt_f4
Dec 17, 2011 3:50 pm by Edvard
You can find the readme.txt file in the product package general folder.
Dec 23, 2011 1:37 pm by pdavies
Hi Edvard I don't understand what you mean by the "Gtranslate Package". Where is this "package" located? Inside the Gtranslate directory? I had already advised you that I cant find this general readme text file in the Gtranslate directory in my root directory. I don't have any discs or other media that might contain such a "package". Sorry to be slow in answering your post but did not notice until just now that it was on the next page. I noticed that another contributor was kind enough to put up some rules for inclusion in my .htaccess file but I will wait until I can access this readme text file to be sure that I don't make any more config errors. Regards Peter D
Dec 25, 2011 3:06 pm by Edvard
You should have the package sent to your email address. You should find the installation steps after unzipping it.
Dec 28, 2011 1:59 am by pdavies
Hi Edvard Could you please resend the package as it has been over 12 months since I upgraded Gtranslate to Pro version and since then I have had to clean my PC of viruses. Thanks Peter D
Dec 29, 2011 1:39 pm by Edvard
Hi, Just sent the latest version to your PayPal email address.
Jan 5, 2012 9:44 pm by pdavies
hi edvard please resend your package to [email protected] as i have been away for a week and did not see your email among 500 spam posts which i deleted. sorry to be so much trouble regards peter d
Jan 7, 2012 8:46 pm by Edvard
Resent.
Jan 8, 2012 7:54 pm by Thomas
Hi, When I go to http://www.unityfinance.com.au/gtransla ... hp?lang=ru I can see Russian, but when I go to http://www.unityfinance.com.au/ru/ which should be the same as http://www.unityfinance.com.au/gtransla ... hp?lang=ru I can see 404 error code. It means that you have something wrong in your .htaccess file. Can you post your .htaccess file here? Hi Edvard, I'm dealing with the same problem. My story in short: I updated my Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 about 4 month ago and I managed to get all working with Gtranslate Pro. It was working fine with my website as well as with my backup site installed on my local PC. I didn't change anything and realised that it doesn't work since a month or so. There was unfortunatelly not time to deal with this problem since now. I studied all entries here in the forum to see whether one of them would be helpful. Unfortuantly non of them was it including your trouble shooting at the top of the forum. The only thing working is what I have quoted above from one of the earlier things you stated. So, http://www.myside.de/gtranslate/translate.php?lang=ru works fine. It works fine for any language you are selecting. Any other action will bring me to 404 error page. I checked my .htaccess.txt to make sure I have the appropriated entry directly following RewriteEngine On. See how it looks on my side. RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2})/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2})$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^(zh-CN)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^(zh-CN)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^(zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^(zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] I hope I can take this matter over so far to help getting it sorted. I'm not a programer but doing this since a view years, so I don't feel wrong dealing with this. I would be happy if this would help to solve the issue for others, for me ( and for Ed too ;) ) Your reply is very much appreciated ! Thomas
Jan 9, 2012 8:09 pm by Edvard
Hi, The name for htaccess should be .htaccess not .htaccess.txt or something else.
Jan 11, 2012 6:07 am by Thomas
Hi Ed, thanks for the reply. You are fully right. I checked this and changed the file name. I'm surprised about myself because I didn't change it to what it was. Anyway, its changed to ".htaccess" but does not have a short effect when reloading my webside several times after this and trying to get Gtranslate doing its job. I will check again this ev and report here. Thomas
Re: [NOT Solved] GTranslate Pro not working
Jan 17, 2012 7:15 pm by Thomas
Hi Ed, Sorry to have bad news, its still NOT nworking despite the corrections I took. Please advice how to continue ! Thomas
Re: [Solved] GTranslate Pro not working
Jan 18, 2012 4:43 pm by Edvard
Please create a new topic and post your directory structure and .htaccess file.