Forum Archive - Multiple domain names, same website

Multiple domain names, same website
Dec 23, 2011 1:13 am by sboryer
Hi, We have just purchased your pro version. We have it working fine. Our issue is that we have two domain names, futureselves.com and futureselves.co.nz which are targeted at different audiences but go to the same site. We purchased the pro version under futureselves.com. When the pro version is enabled, anyone browsing to futureselves.co.nz is given a message that the gtranslate licence is not valid and the site can not be displayed. Futureselves.com display's fine. Is there anyway around this? or do we need to by a licence for each domain name that points to our site? We don't need the translation servers on the .co.nz domain name even though it is the same site, just a different URL. Thanks.
Re: Multiple domain names, same website
Dec 23, 2011 1:17 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have enabled the license for your both domains. You will need to install GTranslate Pro for general websites by following the installation steps in general/readme.txt file. After that you will need to change the gtranslate/config.php file and instead of define('LICENSE', 'license.dat'); use this: if(preg_match('/futureselves.com/', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) define('LICENSE', 'license_futureselves.com.dat'); else define('LICENSE', 'license_futureselves.co.nz.dat'); Don't forget to create license_futureselves.com.dat and license_futureselves.co.nz.dat blank files near license.dat. Hope this is not too complex for you.
Dec 23, 2011 11:59 pm by sboryer
Hi Edward, Thanks for getting onto this so quickly and letting us run two domain names. So just to confirm, I need to do this even though I'm running a Joomla 1.5 site? Should I disable the joomla modules for gtranslate? Thanks.
Dec 25, 2011 3:56 pm by Edvard
The module should be published (it is for the language selector). If you have installed the plugin, you should disable/uninstall it.
Dec 27, 2011 9:01 am by sboryer
Hi Edward, I have followed all you instructions, and doubled checked everything but while I no longer get the licensing error, the translations are not working correctly. It seems to translate some content but not all. If you look at www.futureselves.com, I've left it enabled so you can see for yourself. On the home page some components are not translated, also a couple of pages in the top menu are not translated. Turning on debugging showed not errors that I could see. Just to confirm this is what I did. 1. Disabled the plug in. 2. Followed the general/readme.txt file instructions 3. Followed your instructions from the post The only thing out of the ordinary I did was clear the nl cache folder of the files in it when troubleshooting initially. When I did that it seemed to make things a lot worse but turning on debugging made them better again? Very strange. Thanks, Shayde
Dec 29, 2011 1:05 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have checked the Russian version on a couple of pages and seems that it is translating everything: http://www.futureselves.com/ru/ http://www.futureselves.com/ru/products-a-services Please post here the pages that don't get translated. It may take some time, so everything will be translated.
Dec 29, 2011 7:53 pm by sboryer
Yes the client wanted to start working so had to revert back to the Joomla pro plugin and turn off the language selector to get around the problem. The Joomla extension translates things fine, the general one doesn't seem too. Don't worry about it, they can probably live with this solution, if not I'll sort something out. Thanks.