Forum Archive - Problems with translations on sub-pages

Problems with translations on sub-pages
Feb 16, 2011 8:25 am by LAMF
I use the free version of Gtranslate and it works great on the main page and some other articles as well but when clicking on some links on sub-pages the translation stops. Not on everyone but most of them. I first thought I knew the reason for this but I was wrong. I thought it had something to do with that the articles that shall be translated has to be linked to from a published menu but that seem to be a wrong theory. Please how can I get it translating all articles in my site? Here's the URL for my site if you want to check it out: http://www.sit-right.se I am well willing to purchase the pro version if that one solves this issue.
Re: Problems with translations on sub-pages
Feb 16, 2011 9:11 pm by Edvard
Hi, Try to use Redirect translation method. If that solves the issue then you are ready to go Pro.
Feb 16, 2011 9:50 pm by LAMF
Hi, That almost did the trick. Translations work on all pages but it seem to be a conflict with the Nivo Slider on the start page when I turn on another language than default (Swedish). It's no big deal but of course it would be better if I could have the slider also on the translated start page. Oh I also found out that the spam protection on the contact pages also didn't work in translation mode so there's got to be some kind of conflict. Solution is close... any ideas? Will Pro solve it? Regards Micke
Feb 17, 2011 6:53 am by LAMF
I know the reason why the captcha wont work in translate mode... It's because a new url is generated when the translation is activated, so maybe I can solve it by help from the KeyCAPTCHA team, they use to be very helpful. Thanks again Edvard for the help!
Feb 17, 2011 8:54 am by LAMF
Just wanted to let everyone know that the KeyCAPTCHA team has solved this so now it works with KeyCAPTCHA spam protection in redirect mode. Aint that great news!!
Feb 19, 2011 10:47 am by Edvard
Good to hear that!