Forum Archive - [Solved] Search Engine Friendly URL's problem?

[Solved] Search Engine Friendly URL's problem?
Dec 21, 2011 4:32 am by evebohnett
Greetings, I wanted my internationalkirtanshala.com license moved over to internationalkirtan.com Did this never happen? I bought my license several months ago and I really want this to work on my site. my GTranslate stopped working on internationalkirtan.com when I click on one of the flags I get this message: You don't have appropriate license for internationalkirtan.com domain name. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license. and I have turn on in the Joomla Global Configuration: SEO Settings Search Engine Friendly URLs I think this may be the only reason it's not working. I updated everything else according to your forums repeated directions. Let me know . ;c) Thanks, Eve
Re: License problem or Search Engine Friendly URL's problem?
Dec 21, 2011 9:31 am by Edvard
Hi, Currently you have licenses for both of your websites. However it seems to be a different issue. Your server is not able to pair with our server. If you can send FTP access I can try to fix it for you.
Dec 24, 2011 6:03 am by evebohnett
Okay so, I tried turning Search Engine Friendly URL's off, and it still doesn't translate... I sent you the URL and backend info. I'm not sure what the problem is!! Hopefully we will figure it out.
Dec 25, 2011 4:13 pm by Edvard
Hi, It is installed, please check: http://internationalkirtan.com/es/
Dec 26, 2011 4:21 am by evebohnett
Wow thank you Edvard. It's working now yes!! however, the pages don't translate completely, especially the joomla articles. Also, not all of the languages work. Is there anything else I can do to translate the pages fully? It used to work on every word on every page. LIterally the entire pages were translated. Do I have to wait for some kind of language bot to crawl my page or something or should it be working?? Thanks, Eve
Dec 29, 2011 12:35 pm by Edvard
Hi, It may take some time. Can you send some links of the pages which don't get translated appropriately?
Jan 3, 2012 10:51 pm by evebohnett
http://www.internationalkirtan.com/interact http://www.internationalkirtan.com/ja/i ... icle&id=72 basically, none of the articles translate: you can click any of the links on the bottom footer toolbar, none of those work. They are all Joomla Articles. What can I do?
Jan 3, 2012 10:54 pm by evebohnett
www.internationalkirtan.com/ja/audio-collection another important link that is not an article but is not translating. I can put the ?language=1 or whatever and translate it manually, but I really want all of these pages translated like they were before... when it was easy . Do I need to use Google Translate API to get these things to translate or do I need to wait for the machine to crawl the site or something??
Jan 6, 2012 8:19 pm by evebohnett
????
Jan 7, 2012 7:47 pm by Edvard
Hi, I can see that they are already translated. However if you don't want to wait to see the translations you can add force_translation=1 in the end of the URL and it will forcibly translate everything on the page.
Jan 16, 2012 3:49 am by evebohnett
well.. hm, I'm still seeing that the articles are not completely translated.. it may translate the header, but it does not translate the body... I'm having a hard time getting the body of the message translated.. I tried force_translation=1 and it didn't change anything... actually I couldn't get it to work..
Jan 16, 2012 3:54 am by evebohnett
It's just not translating the modules like it used to. I used to see everything on the page translated... now I see only the headers transated, leaving most of the content untranslated. maybe I'm not seeing it from the other side or something... if there's nothing I can do about it that's okay I guess. I mean, it does a lot as it is. I was wondering if there was anything I could do code wise to increase translation on some of the pages... but it's probably only crawling.
Jan 18, 2012 6:34 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please post here some links which are partially translated. I have checked many pages and when I see incomplete translations I add ?force_translation=1 in the end of the URL and it is being translated instantly.
Jan 18, 2012 8:40 pm by evebohnett
Your right! It's finally working. Thank you for your patience with my impatience!