Forum Archive - need to clear / empty the cache

need to clear / empty the cache
Jan 6, 2012 2:02 pm by chrisber
Hi, Hope this was not in another topic, but I need (the webhost server says there is too many files hosted) to empty or clear the cache files of GTranslate. I had to manually install Gtranslate, that means that I don't have access to the plugin (or component, I don't remember) through the backend on my joomla site. So first, I changed in the config.php the cahce time to 30*24*60*60 (instead of 365*24*60*60 for one year by default) ==> does it really mean it will clear the cache files after 30 days ? Secondly, to clear these files manually, do I just need to manually delete the files from the explorer of the webhost server, or is there another way ? Thanks for the help.
Re: need to clear / empty the cache
Jan 7, 2012 7:53 pm by Edvard
Hi, We don't suggest clearing the cache or decreasing the cache time. However you can clear the files manually from gtranslate/cache/XX language folders. You can disable some of the languages to have less files. In the near future we are going to offer a different approach for the website translation, which will keep the translation cache on our server and there will not be a need for our clients to install a software on their server and make updates.
Jan 9, 2012 10:58 am by paulg
Hi Edvard, This very interesting news. In how near future we can expect this new version? Greetings, Paul
Jan 9, 2012 8:14 pm by Edvard
I hope very much that it will be available next month.