Forum Archive - module is not working on developer's site

module is not working on developer's site
Dec 9, 2011 8:36 pm by rmitchell
Hi, I have purchased GTranslate for a certain domain but am developing it at a "previewdns.com" site until I have it completely done. I have tried implementing this module, but an error of "wrong domain" prevents me from using it. How can I use it while I'm still developing my site?
Re: module is not working on developer's site
Dec 12, 2011 5:14 pm by rmitchell
Hello, I saw in other posts that you allowed developers to have another zipped file for the temporary domain. Could you please send me one as well please? I need my site up and running soon but cannot finish it until I get the language module to work. Please!! How do I send you a personal message with the temporary domain? Thank you, Rich
Dec 12, 2011 10:15 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you create a subdomain name like dev.previewdns.com, so we can enable it for you? You can use the PM button on the right to send the temporary domain name.
Dec 15, 2011 6:09 am by rmitchell
HI, Edvard, I sent you a personal msg with my previewdns.com domain. Did you receive it? I need to have the zip file to continue work on my project. Please let me know if you received it or not. Thanks so much, Rich
Dec 17, 2011 3:45 pm by Edvard
It is enabled. You can use the same package.
Jan 5, 2012 6:15 pm by rmitchell
Hi Edvard, I loaded the same zip file for my developer site and received this error: You don't have appropriate license for your ____mysite.com___ . Please purchase <a href="https://gtranslate.io/">GTranslate Pro</a> license or <a href="http://__mysite.com__/en/">go back</a>. Could you please advise on how to make this work? Rich
Jan 7, 2012 8:15 pm by Edvard
Can you go to http://domain.com/en/?verify_license=1 and then if you still see the error, post here the license.dat file contents in gtranslate folder.
Jan 9, 2012 7:14 pm by rmitchell
When I used the URL you gave me, the site's English index page appeared correctly. But the error occurs when I choose a language. The license.dat file has no text in it at all. Is it supposed to be empty?
Jan 9, 2012 8:46 pm by Edvard
Hi, The license.dat file should be populated after the first run. Probably it is not able to write into license.dat file and if that is the case, probably it will not be able to write also into the cache folder. Can you check and see if you have files now in your gtranslate/cache/en folder, since you have mentioned that English appeared correctly.
Jan 10, 2012 5:12 pm by rmitchell
Hi Edvard, 1.) I reviewed the "readme.txt" file and made sure I did all the steps correctly, fixing a few things. Now, the license.dat file has this in it: You don't have appropriate license for your mydomain.com. <a href="https://gtranslate.io/">https://gtranslate.io/</a> 2.) When I try to verify the license, it now says this: You don't have appropriate license for mydomain.com domain name. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license. 3.) The cache /en/ folder is empty. Thanks for you help! Rich
Jan 13, 2012 11:14 am by Edvard
Hi, The license request come from substra---chnologyinc.com it should come from substra---chnologyinc.com.previe---s.com domain name instead.
Jan 13, 2012 7:38 pm by rmitchell
Hi Edvard, Perhaps, the domain name should be substr...inc.com, without the "previewdns.com" on the end. Maybe that will fix my issue? Please advise in your experience of this issue. Help... I really need to get working on this site! :) Rich
Jan 18, 2012 2:13 pm by rmitchell
Edvard, Will you please help me get this translator to work?! I think I need to have the license for substr.....inc.com. Rich
Jan 22, 2012 4:33 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please finish the development and we will install for you when your site is live. The problem is on your side, because you are not using the correct domain name for which you have the license.
Jan 23, 2012 2:11 pm by rmitchell
Edvard, You said the license would work for my developer's site. Are you now saying it won't work? I understand that you want to protect your product by issuing a license, however how can developers work on a temporary site with this issue?! It's been two months of me trying to get this to work. Bottom line is my client will NOT approve the site until I get the translations to work. It cannot go live until it's functioning correctly. Please refund our money. I will have to do something else. Rich
Jan 26, 2012 12:20 am by Edvard
Hi, You have sent a temporary domain name on which you are making the development, we have enabled it for you. But it seems that now you are developing on another domain name, which is not a subdomain and is a completely new domain name. We cannot enable a license for it. If your development domain name is like dev.domain.com or somethingelse.domain.com let us know, so we can add another license for you. We cannot enable license for domain2.com. The dev license should be a subdomain. You can send the info by using our contact us form on the home page.
Jan 26, 2012 4:29 pm by rmitchell
Hello Edvard, Thanks for your reply. I have two hosting plans on one account. One plan is being used by the live site = subs...logy.com. The other plan is a developer's site called = subs.....logyinc.com. (notice the "inc"). This is a temporary domain that we are using until the entire site is done. It is the previewdns and will NOT be used after everything is transferred. I cannot use the same domain name for both hosting plans. The "...inc.com" is the one I need the license to work for until I transfer the files to the real domain. Your FAQ section states: Can I change the license I have moved to a new domain name? Yes, you need to permanently redirect your old domain name to the new one and let us know. I have let you know! I will send the PM again. The GTranslate "license" is a factor of your product that should have been explained much more in depth. I have never had this problem before in using a product. I have paid money for this. My question is WILL it work!?? If not, I would like a refund. Rich
Jan 27, 2012 10:58 pm by Edvard
Please send the development domain name by using our contact form on the home page.
Jan 28, 2012 6:26 pm by [email protected]
Эдвард можите за отдельную плату настроить ваш компонент я его у вас покупал щас переходим на 1.7.4 версию джумлы !!!! очень важно для нас
Jan 29, 2012 6:39 pm by Edvard
Yes, we can do it for you for free. Please use our contact form on our home page to send access details.
Jan 31, 2012 3:06 pm by rmitchell
Thank you, Edvard. I have sent you the email with our temporary domain. Rich