Forum Archive - Gtranslate Pro - Google indexes only non-sef urls

Gtranslate Pro - Google indexes only non-sef urls
Jan 16, 2012 3:46 pm by claudiocava
Hi, I use Artio Joomsef 3.9.3 on Joomla 1.5.25. GTranslate recently stopped working for two days for a license problem. Before the stop Google has indexed more than thousand urls, in a couple of days. After solved the licensing issue the translations are again always ok, but only indexes the (very few) non-sef urls. I have not changed anything in any sense. May depend on what? What can I try to do? I do not know how to explain it better. Before the interruption of two days due to problems with GT-license, Google indexed all, after the stop indexes only the few non-sef urls, such e.g. domain.com/Index.php? etc. Urls such domain.com/section/category/articletitle are since the reactivation of the license not indexed. Without any intervention on my part on the site, previously, during and after. For example on google: site:apocalisselaica.net/is All indexed urls newer as 4 days are non seefed (/index.php?etc). Older urls are ok. Regards
Re: Gtranslate Pro - Google indexes only non-sef urls
Jan 17, 2012 2:15 am by claudiocava
Things change by themselves. Now he has again begun to translate only sections, categories and titles in certain pages, and in others only the intro on dependence of language, not all. The force_translation is alwais activate, I have modified nothings. Until a few hours ago it worked perfectly with all languages. Concerning to wait, let it work without force_translation: in my site are 40000 articles and about 50 new daily. Fortunately I have no web space problem (at the moment in the cache folder has 400000 files) but how long it would take? ;) Google still not indexing, but under these circumstances is even better. I'm a little frustrating. :mrgreen: Regards
Re: Gtranslate Pro - Google indexes only non-sef urls
Jan 22, 2012 4:16 pm by Edvard
Google makes the decision how to index and what to index on your site. You just tell Google by providing it a sitemap that you have pages which can be indexed. You can check what have been indexed on your site by searching for site:domain.com/XX in Google. Indexing takes time and it is up to Google. The translation process should be instant if you are using the force_translation parameter. However I don't suggest doing that, it is better to wait, so everything will flow in more natural way, e.g. more popular content and popular languages will have higher priority than others. If it is not translating anything, then please open a new forum topic and post the pages where the translation doesn't work.