Forum Archive - Conflicts with Joomla Quiz Deluxe

Conflicts with Joomla Quiz Deluxe
Jan 5, 2012 7:10 am by bek85
Hi, I recently installed Gtranslate Pro onto a client's website in order to enable the use of redirect with the country flag icons. Everything seems to work fine except for the translation of the component JoomlaQuiz Deluxe which is also installed on the website. The quiz loads within Javascript so I am wondering if there is something in the code that is breaking the translation (when using the Google default method the quiz translates without any problems). If you could please take a look it would be greatly appreciated. Access to the quiz is login only so please email a request for login details if needed. Other information: Joomla 1.5.25 JoomlaQuiz Deluxe ver 3.0.2 If there is any other information you require please let me know. Cheers, Bek
Re: Conflicts with Joomla Quiz Deluxe
Jan 7, 2012 6:36 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please send the the link and the login details, so I can check the issue.
Jan 12, 2012 5:58 am by bek85
Hi, I sent the login details a few days ago. Just wondering if you received them and if so have you had a chance to look into it yet. Cheers, Bek
Jan 16, 2012 1:10 pm by Edvard
Hi, Sorry for my late response. If you can disable the GTranslate plugin and install it by following the steps in general/readme.txt inside the product package it will be fixed.
Jan 18, 2012 3:22 am by bek85
Thank-you for your response. I have carefully followed your instructions but it still won't translate the quiz/exam pages, even when I try the force_translation method. The only thing I am unsure of with the instructions is the lines that are to go into the .htaccess file. Would you be able to send an example please ASAP? I really need this to work, if Gtranslate Pro cannot translate the quiz/exam pages in redirect mode then it will be of no use to my client.
Jan 18, 2012 7:24 pm by Edvard
Hi, The quiz is using javascript to load the questions (and javascript loaded content is bypassing GTranslate and is not being translated by GTranslate). If you can ask the quiz developers to make little modifications to load the questions through GTranslate, so it will translate it, it will work. Or maybe there is already an option to not use javascript in the extension?