Forum Archive - Joomla Cannot redeclare file_get_html()

Joomla Cannot redeclare file_get_html()
Jan 23, 2012 2:25 pm by TheBusinessManager
I just got GTranslate Pro yesterday and seems to be up and running as expected on the frontend. However, in the backend, I can't access my menu anymore (Joomla Backend > Menus > Main Menu > Click on any of my menus for editing). The backend displays the following: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare file_get_html() (previously declared in /home/.../public_html/plugins/system/gtranslate.php:959) in /home/.../public_html/plugins/system/plg_jamenuparams/asset/html_parser.php on line 41 I did search the forum and couldn't find a solution for this problem and really hope to be able to solve this asap for obvious reasons. I would appreciate any help in this matter.
Re: Joomla Cannot redeclare file_get_html()
Jan 23, 2012 3:01 pm by paulg
I have exactly the same issue in Joomla 1.5.25 since I installed Gtranslate Pro. When I want to change something in my menus I have to disable the plugin. I mentioned it already in one of my topics and got the advice to disable the plugin when editting the menus or to perform the manual installation. However I prefer to manage my Joomla backend with modules and plugins and not by manual installations. Hope Edvard has a solution for this problem. Greetings, Paul
Jan 23, 2012 5:50 pm by TheBusinessManager
Forgot to mention, I'm using Joomla 1.5.22. Any chance we'll have a solution -- or at least an answer -- to this soon?
Jan 23, 2012 6:24 pm by Edvard
Hi, If you install GTranslate Pro by following general/readme.txt it will be fixed (the plugin should be disabled though). Otherwise you can contact plg_jamenuparams extension developers (JoomlArt not sure) and ask them to use a different name for file_get_html function, so it will not conflict.
Oct 11, 2012 8:55 am by siamagency
I get the same issue... If i install it another way....with no plugin... Can i just keep all the translated cache ? Thank you
Oct 13, 2012 4:43 pm by Yana
Hi, You can convert the cache. The cache format for non joomla version is in JSON. The joomla version uses raw format. The cache name is the same. If you check it will be very easy to convert. If you manually edited the translations you can only convert .human files in the cache the rest will be translated again.