Forum Archive - Gt Pro Installed but only menu gets translated

Gt Pro Installed but only menu gets translated
Jan 30, 2012 9:29 am by Nikolas
Hello I have the Pro version installed but only the Menus ( not all menu) get translated and not the actual articles on my site. What am I doing wrong? And there seems to be a lot of confusion in the translation. Some words english other ones swedish and so on. Thank you Nikolas
Re: Gt Pro Installed but only menu gets translated
Jan 30, 2012 9:57 am by Yana
Hi, What is your website address. Which version did you install?
Jan 30, 2012 10:08 am by Nikolas
sportoption.se I have the latest version of GTtranslate Free 1.28 and also installed the pro ofcourse. I made some translation from swedish to danish manually by editing.
Jan 30, 2012 10:48 am by Yana
Hi, If you want to not wait and translate it forcibly you can add ?force_translation=1 in the end of the current URL. Have you enabled Apache mod_rewrite and SEF URLs in global configuration settings?
Jan 30, 2012 10:57 am by Nikolas
No I didnt enable Apache mod rewrite and Sef URL . I will do it now. In the Plug-in Manager: System - GTranslate do I have to do anything? THere is a field called : Bing Translator API key - but its empty. SHould I get one BIng translator key? And is it free? Thank you for your fast reply :)
Jan 30, 2012 11:02 am by Yana
Hi, If you can obtain Google Translate API key (which is commercial) or Bing Translator API key (which has some free limits) you can place your keys there. However there is no need for that. Gtranslate Pro works without API.
Jan 30, 2012 12:34 pm by Nikolas
I still have problems with it. One other thing is when you log in to the site with another language it turns back to the default language automatically and then you still have to push the flag to go back to the choosen language. ANd when you log out you see a white page and nothing happens. Very time consuming :(
Jan 30, 2012 12:51 pm by Yana
Hi, If you can send ftp and backend admin access we can check it for you.
Jan 31, 2012 9:02 am by Nikolas
Thank you! How can I send it? In private message?
Jan 31, 2012 11:32 am by Yana
Hi, I have installed the latest version.
Jan 31, 2012 11:40 am by Nikolas
Thank you very much amazing support. Just have a question though some parts are not showing up the logotype in some pages. Do I have to do anything else? To make it show properly? Maybe empty the cache or something? The part called samarbetspartners or partners dont open it redirects you to the startpage.
Jan 31, 2012 12:29 pm by Yana
Hi, You can install Firebug for FireFox and enable it to see the errors. Please try to fix all the "end of tag" invalid HTML in your template. http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ator%2F1.2
Jan 31, 2012 12:43 pm by Nikolas
THank you I will try I really hope this will work because I love your module. Can I deactivate apache rewrite from Global configuration ? Will it make difference? The thing is is that when I visit the page it shows another language as default not swedish and other parts like some articles and pictures are not correct. I really hope that everything can be solved. Thank once again for your help
Jan 31, 2012 1:05 pm by Yana
Hi, It will be better leave it on .
Jan 31, 2012 1:21 pm by Nikolas
Im sorry to be pain in the ass but I feel that there are more problems now then before. You have been very helpfull but now even the editing is not working. I got 404 errors when I try to edit an article to make correct translation. And the worst thing is that I got wrong language by default and some parts even dont show up . I paid for this module and recommended to many people so I hope you can help for a final solution because i dont know nothing about this. Can you please help one last time ? Greetings nikolas
Jan 31, 2012 1:26 pm by Yana
Hi, Have you disabled Apache mod_rewrite?
Jan 31, 2012 1:33 pm by Nikolas
Hi No I didnt disable it.
Jan 31, 2012 2:21 pm by Yana
Solved.Please try again.
Jan 31, 2012 2:24 pm by Nikolas
Yes it seems like it works now :) I dont know how you did it but you are amazing. Just a last question the part of registration where you register is not translated as before after the latest changes. How can this be done?
Jan 31, 2012 2:37 pm by Yana
You can add ?force_translation=1 to the end of url and it will translate immediately.