Forum Archive - [Solved] Random Translations - Joomla 1.7 &2.5

[Solved] Random Translations - Joomla 1.7 &2.5
Jan 30, 2012 10:38 am by linexweb
Hi, I am having problems where the Gtranslate seems to be getting stuck on what ever language it was last translated on, and I don't just mean on the computer/browser viewing the website, but across the whole of the internet. (I am using Gtranslate Pro) For example even tho the plugin is set to English, the home page would come in in another language (not English) testing this further I have found that the last language I translate the web page into seems to get 'stuck'. I am not sure if this is a caching problem in Joomla. Another problem with this is that the normal menus on the website (not the translations button) are changing language intermediately - for example I view the home page in English, I goto "About" and it sometimes changes to a random language such as Russian. Not sure what is going on, I have only noticed this problem over the weekend. I was running joomla 1.7 and have today updated to Joomla 2.5 but having the same translation problems. All languages in Joomla are set to "All" - GTranslate is the only translation tool I am using - and I am not using a API key. I have had to disable this plugin for now as it effecting the traffic to my site to bounce away. Any suggestions? or is there any more info I can give you?
Re: Random Translations - Joomla 1.7 &2.5
Jan 30, 2012 2:21 pm by Yana
Hi, What is your website address. Which version did you install?
Jan 31, 2012 9:42 am by linexweb
The website is www.line-x.co.uk - and I am using version v3.141592
Jan 31, 2012 2:57 pm by Yana
Hi, Could you please activate GTranslate so we can check it for you.
Jan 31, 2012 3:06 pm by linexweb
I have activated the gtranslate plugin, do you need me to show the button to?
Jan 31, 2012 3:20 pm by Yana
Have you enabled user language detection ?
Jan 31, 2012 3:34 pm by linexweb
No
Jan 31, 2012 3:36 pm by linexweb
I am just looking through my website now and it's translating to Russian again :( - How long will you need my to keep the plug in activated? I am just worried about the traffic going to my site.
Jan 31, 2012 3:46 pm by linexweb
having a look in the admin area of Joomla I think the problem maybe to do with the cache of the menus, I erased the menu cache and my pages have stopped translating by pressing my menu items, I bet if I translate the site, then go back to English the same will happen as before, but I am going to try to see if I can turn the Caching of the menus off and see how I go.
Jan 31, 2012 4:05 pm by Yana
Hope it will solve the problem. Please let us know about that.
Jan 31, 2012 4:28 pm by linexweb
This has appeared to work (Turning off the Joomla Caching) The only problem I face now is slower loading pages :( I will keep an eye on this over the next few days and will keep you posted.