Forum Archive - new free version is not working

new free version is not working
Jan 28, 2012 3:17 pm by tangerine3
Hi, I just found out that my free version granslate needed to be updated to work properly. So i copied all the new files into my wpcontent/gtranslate folder and it still does not work. When you select a language from the drop down box a Google translate page comes up and gives me this message: "Sorry, this URL is invalid; http://www.chromehorserentals.com:443/" Would it be better to just delete the plug-in and start over using the files provided on your website? I went to WordPress to search for the plug in to install it that way but the version on WordPress is only 1.0.10? What needs to be done to make this work right, thank you.
Re: new free version is not working
Jan 28, 2012 5:42 pm by Yana
Hi, You need to download GTranslate free from our website and replace all the files in wp-content/plugins/gtranslate folder.
Jan 28, 2012 8:16 pm by tangerine3
that's exactly what I did i downloaded the zip file from your website to my desktop then copied all the file in it to my wp-content/plugins/gtranslate folder. Do I have to have a certain WordPress version running? I have 3.2.1 running.
Jan 28, 2012 8:55 pm by tangerine3
So i deleted the plugin completely from my wordpress dashboard and from wp-content/plugins/ on my server. I downloaded from your site the files and recopied them back to this location, it looked right but still did not translate my site. So I deleted it all again and went to my dashboard and installed gtrans that way and it did put the widget in but it does not have the flags it just has a little google looking icon and a blank box. There is no where in settings to change this. But it does translate the site now. So is that the way it should look now? Again when installing from Wordpress it is a version called 1.0.10. Is that an old version? Anyway not working if i download files from your website; working but looks funny from installing from WordPress. Please advise.
Jan 29, 2012 6:41 pm by Edvard
Hi, I can see that you are hosting your site on SSL protocol. Please use Google Default translation method, since Redirect doesn't work with the HTTPS sites. You can also buy the Pro version.
Jan 30, 2012 5:41 pm by Alfinasplace
I got the plugin to work and I'm using the widget. however, where on the site is the gtran suppose to be located. with the widget unfortunetly it's in my blog area I have an e-commerce site. looks good though. :)
Jan 30, 2012 10:29 pm by Edvard
It is up to you, you can put it anywhere on your template.