Forum Archive - Development Website

Development Website
Feb 2, 2012 3:59 pm by Spider
Hope someone can answer this question. I am using a different URL than the one I signed up for to develop my site. The site WILL become riversnorthonline.com. However, the development site is riversnorthonline.com/development... Can I install the GTranslate on the development site? This is a fairly long process and I don't want to be doing it for nothing. Finally, when the site is complete, I will be renaming the development site to the main site URL - riversnorthonline.com Cheers... Tony
Re: Development Website
Feb 2, 2012 4:26 pm by Yana
Hi, It's possible, but in this case you should install GTranslate Pro for general sites.
Feb 2, 2012 4:48 pm by Spider
Hi Yana: How do I do that? I didn't even know this was possible. Tony
Feb 2, 2012 8:19 pm by Yana
Hi Tony, You need to follow directions in general/readme.txt file. Installation steps: 1. Upload gtranslate folder to your www root directory (public_html or httpdocs) . 2. Set /gtranslate/cache and /gtranslate/cache/XX folders permissions to 777. 3. Add #gtranslate config lines in the .htaccess file. 4. Configure /gtranslate/config.php file. 5. Modify robots.txt 6. Create sitemap.txt
Feb 7, 2012 5:12 am by Spider
Yana: I waited until the public site was ready (riversnorthonline.com) and requested an installation from you. Someone answered my request. I sent the FTP and Admin login and someone certainly tried working on the site. However, the site is not working properly now. it only shows German, can't revert to English and there may be more issues. Can someone go and repair this installation for me please... It is rather urgent. Tony
Feb 7, 2012 7:43 am by Yana
Hi Tony, I'll check it.
Feb 7, 2012 8:47 am by Yana
Dear Tony, There was a conflict with two other plugins (Language Code and Language Filter ). I disabled them as they affect the URL. Now it works.