Forum Archive - Check if a page is translated

Check if a page is translated
Feb 2, 2012 8:05 pm by aaronortega
Can I check if a page is translated, and if not force translate it?
Re: Check if a page is translated
Feb 2, 2012 9:59 pm by Edvard
Actually you can make the force_translation option permanent if you are having trouble on all the pages of your site. You can replace lang=$1 with lang=$1&force_translation=1 in the .htaccess if you have installed Pro by following general/readme.txt. If you have installed the Joomla plugin, you need to disable it and install it the general version.
Feb 3, 2012 1:45 am by aaronortega
Force Translate takes too long to load the page. I need to be able to do it on a case by case basis. Otherwise users are going to leave my site because they are not going to wait for 30 seconds for a page to load.
Feb 7, 2012 12:57 pm by drinkedin
If a page is translated and then edited (fixed), does a ?force_translation=1 overwrite the fixed translation with a fresh one from Google Translate? If yes, this is dangerous as it could jeopardize a lot of manual work fixing up translations.
Feb 9, 2012 4:37 pm by Edvard
It takes so long because it is translating your contents. After the translation is done it will load much faster. force_translation only translates non-translated parts and it doesn't overwrite anything.