Forum Archive - GTranslate Working Intermittently

GTranslate Working Intermittently
Feb 23, 2012 2:10 am by sp1nner
Hi, I have successfully got GTranslate Pro working on my site by following all the instructions that came with it. Accept very regularly when you either select a language from the drop down list or a flag it just doesnt do a thing. I empty my cache and it still doesnt work, I wait for a while (around 1-2 minutes) refresh the page and it starts working again. I have gone through the process of turning off all none standard plugins/components when this happens and it still doesn't work, but if I wait it will just kick back in again. Can you please help me with this..thankyou. Site: www.brasilonline.net.au/index.php Joomla: 2.5.1 Major Compomnents Used: YOO ZOO 2.5.11 YOO Widgetkit 1.0.1 Frontpage Slideshow by Joomlaworks 3.1.0 Simon
Re: GTranslate Working Intermittently
Feb 23, 2012 1:31 pm by Edvard
It is very strange. How I can replicate the issue? When you click on the flag and it doesn't do anything can you check the Firebug console on Firefox to see if there are any javascript errors? Do you use Analytics feature? Does that happen on all pages or on particular one? When you add the language code in the URL, does it work? Do you use Joomla caching for mod_gtranslate?
Feb 27, 2012 3:37 am by sp1nner
Hi Edvard, Please see the answers to your questions below.. 1. When you click on the flag and it doesn't do anything can you check the Firebug console on Firefox to see if there are any javascript errors? - No errors in Firebug 2. Do you use Analytics feature? - No 3. Does that happen on all pages or on particular one? - All Pages 4. When you add the language code in the URL, does it work? - No 5. Do you use Joomla caching for mod_gtranslate? - Joomla Cache is Disabled Simon
Feb 27, 2012 8:05 pm by Yana
Hi, I have checked your website and can see translated pages. If you still have the problem, you can try to force translation. Please add ?force_translation=1 to the end of the URL. http://dc230.4shared.com/img/a0y5NjVi/s7/0.41475354846555434/Capture.JPG
Feb 28, 2012 3:17 am by sp1nner
Hi Yana, I have placed the "?force_translation=1" after the URL eg:http://brasilonline.net.au/pt/business-directory.html?force_translation=1 and it does work but only some of the time. It is very irregular in the translating function, I clicked on random menu item and then clicked on a random language and it worked for around 20 or so times and then it just stops working after that. Then if you wait for a few minutes it will start to translate again. I mainly use Mozilla so I tried it in Chrome and no matter what I selected it wouldn't work in Chrome including ?force_translation=1 after the URL. After entering "http://brasilonline.net.au/pt/business-directory.html?force_translation=1" and then hitting enter the browsers address would change to "http://brasilonline.net.au/business-directory.html?force_translation=1" with no translation performed. I waited a minute or so and then tried again in Mozilla and it worked. Went back to Chrome and it started working as well. I really need to get this resolved as the site is suppose to go live soon. If you want I can give you Super Admin access to the site to investigate. Regards, Simon
Feb 28, 2012 8:16 am by Yana
Hi, If you can send ftp access and backend admin username and password, I can check it for you. Please use our contact form on homepage.
Feb 28, 2012 9:58 pm by sp1nner
Hi Yana, I have just email you all the login details as requested. One other issue, I am assuming that it is related but when you get the translation to work and then you navigate to "Classifieds" then select a category eg:"Baby Clothes" when the browser loads the category page of "Baby Clothes" it doesn't stay in the language selected earlier but reverts back into english. Regards, Simon
Feb 28, 2012 10:42 pm by Yana
Just received access details. I'll contact you soon.
Feb 29, 2012 4:35 am by sp1nner
Hi Yana, I think I found the answer, for some reason the server seem to to see "the with www. or "without www. prefix as 2 different addresses. So when you navigated through the the site and you clicked on a link that had www. in front of it the website acted differently especially when it came to ZOO submissions. I went to the CPanel and put a redirection in place so all URL's will resolve without the www. So far it seems to be behaving translating all pages. Please check the site if you feel this isn't correct. Simon
Feb 29, 2012 5:58 am by Yana
Hi, I have corrected the installation. The plugin should work now.