Forum Archive - temp disable limit.txt

temp disable limit.txt
Feb 27, 2012 1:22 pm by radicio
Hello, I am now using my own API key, and would like entire website translated fast But, limit.txt blocks translation process, to save translation resources ( which is normally VERY good ) How can i please disable this limit for a few days, so that my website gets translated faster, at Google API limit of 2M characters/day? Thank you
Re: temp disable limit.txt
Feb 28, 2012 10:27 pm by Yana
Hi, You can delete limit.txt file but also you can append ?force_translation=1 to the end of the URL and it will forcibly translate the content to the end. It will ignore limit.txt file.
Mar 1, 2012 11:35 am by radicio
Hello Y I knew about those 2 "tricks", cannot do either: Deleting the file helps for a few seconds, the file is created again every few seconds. My site has more than a hundred thousand pages indexed by Google, multiply by 3 for just 3 languages. Means i should be deleting that file manually by hand , day and night, for a year :) Second solution, cannot do either, as i already have a BIG problem with Google duplicates, due to the poor programming of the forum part ( invision forum ) . Adding this parameter will cause Google to register even more duplicate pages Solution is this file STOP generated, or disabled somehow. At the moment, with this file, Google APi use stops at 160.000 characters a day. EDIT If we can disable that limit file, translation can proceed at 100X times faster, and instead of waiting 2 years, it will finish in 3-4 days.
Mar 7, 2012 8:05 am by radicio
add in config.php something like: $myFile = "cache/limit.txt"; unlink($myFile); looks ok ? or, in config.php, write a timestamp that is old and will force translate, like $fh = fopen('cache/limit.txt', 'a'); fwrite($fh, '1331106417'); fclose($fh); looks ok? you think one of those 2 solutions is better?
Mar 8, 2012 8:48 am by radicio
Edvard i can pay you $20 for your time open translate.php find where you have that 5*60 ( the 5 minutes you say it is in the time stamp) and make it 1*60 ( 1 minute ) or, even better DELETE that conditional statement you have there, and send me that file to my email I can then put in place that file for a week, have my site translated, and then switch back to the original file Is this so hard? Please respond