Forum Archive - Conflict with my JQuery Menu

Conflict with my JQuery Menu
Feb 26, 2012 10:56 pm by ThomasRH
I can use GTranslate very much. I write to an international audience. I downloaded the free version. It works except that my main menu doesn't work. If I can get this to work, it sounds as if the Pro version could really help me, but I like the menu. Will you please look at my site and see if you think my menu and GTranslate can co-exist. My menu, I was told, is JQuery. I am not a programmer.http://www.psychological-observations.com/ Thank you.
Re: Conflict with my JQuery Menu
Feb 28, 2012 2:15 pm by ThomasRH
I am assuming that no answer to my question means GTranslate will not work with my set-up. Should I just move on? Thanks
Feb 28, 2012 10:20 pm by Yana
Hi, The Pro version is translating the source code of your site and then displays it. If your menu is generated with javascript and it is not visible in the source code of your website it cannot be translated, If it found in source code it will be translated. You can buy the pro version and check if it will not work we can refund money.
Feb 29, 2012 2:24 pm by ThomasRH
Sorry, one more pre-sales question. -- The free version did not work (I have taken it off). Are you saying that the Pro version might work? Thanks
Feb 29, 2012 3:08 pm by Yana
Hi, I have checked your website for HTML errors . Please try to fix at least the end tag errors and it should work. http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.p ... ne&group=0
Feb 29, 2012 3:39 pm by ThomasRH
I am a beginner with code. I do not where to go to fix the end tag errors (what document are they in?) and how to fix them correctly so I don't mess up anything. Is it possible for you to give me a link that would explain these things to relative beginners. Thanks. -- I am willing to learn and work as GTranslate seems as if it would be good for my site.
Mar 1, 2012 9:43 pm by Yana
Hi, You can install Firebug for FireFox and enable it to see the errors.
Mar 2, 2012 9:24 pm by ThomasRH
I do understand how to see the errors. I don't see how to fix them. Remember, please I am a beginner. I am not asking you to tell me how. But maybe you know a document you can link me to to show the answer. How do I fix the end tags?, etc.
Mar 3, 2012 10:48 am by Yana
Hi, These errors can have different problems. For example they can be the problem of your template or maybe its because of your plugins. Please check your template. You can install Firebug add-on for Firefox which makes it easy to find and fix mistakes in your CSS code.