Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro only partially translating pages

GTranslate Pro only partially translating pages
Mar 1, 2012 3:56 pm by simon
Help! I have installed GTranslate Pro but it is only partially translating the pages. It seems to be very random and translates different amounts of content with different languages. Where am I going wrong. Site is: http://www.princess.co.uk. Cheers, Simon.
Re: GTranslate Pro only partially translating pages
Mar 1, 2012 9:27 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to add ?force_translation=1 to the edn of the URl. It will forcibly translate everything on the page.
Mar 2, 2012 9:25 am by simon
Hi, thanks for the reply, I've tried this and it appears to make no difference.
Mar 2, 2012 10:46 am by Yana
Hi, It works for me. http://www.princess.co.uk/ru/news-dates ... nslation=1 Could you please send the link of the page which is translated partially?
Mar 2, 2012 12:12 pm by simon
OK, thanks that does seem to work. Are you suggesting that I need to append that to the end of every URL to get the translation to work? Is there an easy way to do this?
Mar 2, 2012 1:41 pm by Yana
Hi, You can make the force_translation option permanent if you are having trouble on all pages of your site. You can replace lang=$1 with lang=$1&force_translation=1 in the .htaccess
Mar 2, 2012 2:08 pm by simon
THANKYOU! That's working perfectly now! One quick question... Is there a way I can block a certain word from ever being translated? Princess is a brand name and ideally should not be translated. Cheers, Simon.
Mar 2, 2012 3:08 pm by Yana
Hi, It's possible. You can add class="notranslate" . It supposed to work with any tag. Here is an example: <div class="notranslate">