Forum Archive - GTranslate only work with ?force_translation=1

GTranslate only work with ?force_translation=1
Mar 13, 2012 8:21 am by JonnyB
Hello together, First of all, I would like to thank the developers of this nice software. It's easy to offer a multilingual website with GTranslate and thats a really nice feature! We upgrade to the pro version to get all the features. But there is a problem I don't find a solution for, perhaps you may help me: The translation only work correct if I use ?force_translation=1 at the end of the link. Once have I translate this link (site), it will work without the ?force_translation=1, because it is in the cache now (I think). I also tryed to modify the .htaccess file to force the translation (one row): RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&force_translation=1 [L,QSA] But unfortunately it wont work. Only the sites in the cache are working (because I manually translated them with ?force_translation=1) Do you have any idea? Thanks in advance!
Re: GTranslate only work with ?force_translation=1
Mar 13, 2012 10:22 am by Yana
Hi, What is your website address? Could you please enable debug mode?
Mar 13, 2012 5:04 pm by JonnyB
Debug mode is enabled. Website: http://www.imec.de If I click the Link AGB and then the Turkish flag, the site is translated incomplete. If I force the translation via ?force_translation=1, the message: "Cannot translate: Â " appears in a few rows. I deleted the cache for tr so you could test it yourself.
Mar 13, 2012 9:05 pm by Yana
Hi, There is 'Â' character in the source code. You can force translation or can find and remove it .
Mar 13, 2012 10:31 pm by JonnyB
Hi Yana, what do you mean with source code? The HTML souce code don't have such a character and I cannot find it in the template we are using. Where should we search for this character, do you have any idea? Perhaps this problem has another source?
Mar 14, 2012 7:08 am by Yana
Hi, If you can send FTP access and backend admin username/password I can check it for you. Please use our contact form on homepage.