Forum Archive - Language switcher disappears when using RTL in IE

Language switcher disappears when using RTL in IE
Mar 15, 2012 3:12 pm by cyberkeyhan
Hi, I'm using pro version in wordpress. When I switch to Persian or Arabic language in IE, the language switcher located in the top of the page disappears and the user is not able to switch to other languages/default language. I've tested in different computers, but same result. Regrads
Re: Language switcher disappears when using RTL in IE
Mar 15, 2012 5:38 pm by Yana
Hi, What is your website address?
Mar 15, 2012 11:28 pm by cyberkeyhan
Hi Yana, Sent PM to you. Regards
Mar 16, 2012 5:26 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to fix HTML validation errors.
Mar 22, 2012 6:36 am by cyberkeyhan
There are only 2 xhtml errors, which are facebook-related (Facebook Like Thumbnail, and facebook members plugins), even if I remove the facebook plugins, the problem remains and I get same result when using RTL-language (persian, or Arabic) - the language switcher disappears in the top of the page. I think it's an IE-related bug, and could possibly be fixed in the pro version by you. Regards
Mar 26, 2012 2:58 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please use CSS position:related or position:absolute for positioning the language selector flags instead of using float:right which is not the same for RTL languages.
Mar 26, 2012 7:14 pm by Yana
Hi, Also please try to remove the class attribute from the div tag. <div class="social_media_top GTranslate_widget substitute_widget_class"><h3 class="social_media_title"><a href="https://gtranslate.io/" rel="follow" target="_blank"></a></h3> ==> <div ><h3 class="social_media_title"><a href="https://gtranslate.io/" rel="follow" target="_blank"></a></h3>