Forum Archive - Duplicate SEF in url. Clic on Flags not translate

Duplicate SEF in url. Clic on Flags not translate
Mar 19, 2012 10:36 am by guido.lecardi
Dear Support i have a bilingual (ITA/ENG) joomla 2.5.2 website https://www.primesite.it and i decided to add more languages on top. i buyed the pro version. I installed both free and pro versions with correct robots.txt and sitemap.txt following parameters: FREE MODULE: Operate with GTranslate Pro version On Translation method Google Redirect Look Flags Flag size 16 Orientation Horizontal Open translated page in new window Off Analytics On Site Language ENGLISH PRO PLUGIN: Cache Time 365 SSL Verify Peer Yes Detect Main Language Yes Detect User Language Yes Debug Mode NONE Site Language ENGLISH The joomla content default language is english. The problems i have are 1. Each time i clic on a flag it appends to SEF URL in this way http://www.primesite.it/en/vi/vi/ar/vi/content and does not translate. 2. I cannot go back to english or italian 3. If i go directly from URL to any language it takes always the last one chosed with flag 4. the manually translated italian version is not available anymore please tell me when you can give it a look so that i will re enable the plugins or contact me privately and i will give you an admin access
Re: Duplicate SEF in url. Clic on Flags not translate
Mar 19, 2012 12:44 pm by Wies
I have this same problem. Even I have activated only 6 languages It is randomly translateing to other languages in the same way as at your site. my is:www.silverfin.pl
Mar 19, 2012 1:23 pm by guido.lecardi
mmm... your site seem working fine to me...
Mar 19, 2012 1:32 pm by guido.lecardi
i enabled the components right now to see how ugly is working
Mar 19, 2012 2:23 pm by Wies
The flags are working but when you click a menu item (any) then it changes the language. ??
Mar 19, 2012 2:27 pm by guido.lecardi
Kind of: 1. Each time i clic on a flag it appends to SEF URL in this way http://www.primesite.it/en/vi/vi/ar/vi/content and does not translate. 2. I cannot go back to english or italian 3. If i go directly from URL to any language it takes always the last one chosed with flag 4. the manually translated italian version is available sometime, sometime is the auto translated i would like to contact the moderator. do you know how to do that?
Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm by guido.lecardi
OK now i see you have the same problem wies
Mar 19, 2012 2:47 pm by guido.lecardi
Mine is also missing the URL rewrite and the problem of italian "custom" translation not visible
Mar 19, 2012 2:56 pm by Wies
The moderator is answering our posts but it takes some time. Lets we wait a little.
Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm by Yana
Hi, Do you use any 3rd party SEF extensions? If you installed Language Code or Language Filter plugins, please disable.
Mar 19, 2012 3:49 pm by guido.lecardi
If i disable language filter i get double menu entries because i had two languages...
Mar 19, 2012 3:56 pm by guido.lecardi
Anyway i tried to do as you said and disabled temporarly the second language (italian) and the two language plugins but nothing changed
Mar 19, 2012 4:03 pm by Yana
If you can send FTP access and backend admin username/password I can check it.
Mar 19, 2012 4:04 pm by Wies
I have but ALL are inactive (off) .Now it swich to nowegian (?) while it is off in GTranslate module!
Mar 19, 2012 4:27 pm by Yana
Dear Wies, With the module you can disable or enable the flags and remove some languages from the dropdown list. You can create rewrite rules for unwanted languages to redirect to the homepage. After disabling "Language Filter" and "Language Code" plugins Gtranslate works.
Mar 19, 2012 4:34 pm by Wies
After disabling Filters and Codes it works!! Thank you for the hint.
Mar 20, 2012 2:04 pm by guido.lecardi
Hello Yana. I sent my website details in Private.
Mar 20, 2012 5:50 pm by Yana
Hi, Thanks, I'll check it ASAP.
Mar 21, 2012 7:18 pm by Wies
After disablicng off all filters and codes I still have the problem that: when going through the top menu positions - the page unintentionally switches to other languages by itself? I have PRO version. site: www.silverfin.pl
Mar 21, 2012 7:59 pm by Yana
Hi, It seems that the top menu items are assigned to Croatian. Could you please check it?
Mar 21, 2012 8:14 pm by Wies
They are not. The system is showing it randomly in different languages. I didn't assign manu to any language.
Mar 30, 2012 12:30 pm by guido.lecardi
Hi, Thanks, I'll check it ASAP. Hello Yana, i am still waiting for the solution
Mar 30, 2012 1:51 pm by Yana
Dera Guido.lecardi, Please check your PM.
Apr 6, 2012 12:22 pm by guido.lecardi
Yana. did you forget me?
Apr 6, 2012 8:38 pm by Yana
Hi, In this case you should install GTranslate Pro General version . After the installation you will need to edit #gtranslate config rules in .htaccess and replace [a-z] with the language codes you want to be handled via GTranslate separated with pipeline "|" . here is an example ru|fr|am|ar|de. Please let me know when I can start the installation.
Apr 6, 2012 9:21 pm by guido.lecardi
I am happy that it id feasable to maintain may current translation while using gtranslate. you can start anytime.
Apr 10, 2012 7:56 pm by Yana
Hi, The plugin is installed. Please check.