Forum Archive - google says pages are missing titles

google says pages are missing titles
Mar 26, 2012 5:43 am by jrtaylor
In google analytics, under diagnostics/HTML suggestions, it says that I have 256 pages without titles. virtually all of these are cached translations. how would I create titles for these pages? Thanks
Re: google says pages are missing titles
Mar 26, 2012 2:32 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please provide at least 2 URLs of pages with missing titles.
Mar 26, 2012 4:22 pm by jrtaylor
Ah ha: Thank you for asking that question. I looked at the list (which is now up to 309 pages) and discovered the problem. If you try these pages (at the moment... before I fix them!) you'll get no content: http://www.managedaccountreview.com/ja/currency-hedging.html http://www.managedaccountreview.com/de/managed-forex This is what is going on: I use 301 redirects whenever I see a 404 error. BUT as I have just now realized, the source I was using to "collect" the 404s was not comprehensive. It missed a number of pages. So google webmaster found them (in a way) by telling me that I had all these pages without titles. The real story is that the pages "without titles" are 404s or other errors. I simply need to create 301s for them. Thanks.
Mar 26, 2012 7:56 pm by Edvard
Hi, Try to enable follow location option from your gtranslate/config.php file. In that case you will not see a blank pages.
Mar 26, 2012 8:22 pm by jrtaylor
Hi I loaded gtranslate.php into Dreamweaver. Before I began to try to find the follow code, I noticed an error message in Dreamweaver. It says that there's a syntax error on line 377. Can I send the file to you? Thanks.
Mar 27, 2012 6:29 pm by Edvard
I've mentioned gtranslate/config.php file not gtranslate.php.
Mar 27, 2012 11:11 pm by jrtaylor
got it. Thanks. We'll see if this helps.