Forum Archive - Edited translations revert back

Edited translations revert back
Mar 29, 2012 1:13 pm by miamiman
I've made many edits to the google translations; recently I see that they have all reverted back to the original translations as provided by google translation. Why? And how do I prevent this?
Re: Edited translations revert back
Mar 29, 2012 2:08 pm by Yana
Hi, Have you removed the cache?
Mar 29, 2012 2:18 pm by miamiman
No... but I did add new languages to my sitemap. Originally I had [en|fr|de|pt|ru|zh-CN |zh-TW], and then added other languages to my sitemap. Would that have affected my original edited [cached] translations on the above set?
Mar 29, 2012 2:29 pm by Yana
No, the sitemap.txt only for search engines. Edited file has an extension .human . Please check.
Mar 29, 2012 2:52 pm by miamiman
Sorry, but where? in the cache/en/ folder? Via filezilla, it only pulls in the first 1000 files. [No .human files] Via Cpanel, I get a data error. Please advise. Thanks.
Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm by Yana
Hi, You can find .human files in the /gtranslate/cache/xx folders.
Mar 29, 2012 3:41 pm by miamiman
Yes Yana, I discovered that we had 87,000 cached files [which was timing out the Cpanel File Manager when trying to access them]. Via SSH, we deleted all the files except the 17 *.human files. Now however, the pages are not translating? Please advise.
[Solved] Edited translations revert back
Mar 29, 2012 5:49 pm by miamiman
Hello Yana, I had to place "lang=$1&force_translation=1" to my .httaccess file. And it's working again.
Mar 29, 2012 5:55 pm by Yana
hi, Good to hear that.
Mar 29, 2012 9:32 pm by miamiman
Sorry Yana, but now that I added the lang=$1&force_translation=1 to htaccess file.... 1] the pages load very slowly, 2] the pages are still not fully translated. Case in point: http://www.induguia.com/en/inicio/clima ... sores.html Please advise. Thanks,