Forum Archive - What's the solution? [only partial translations]

What's the solution? [only partial translations]
Mar 29, 2012 11:18 pm by miamiman
Urgent. Gtranslate Pro has stopped working recently [only partially translates now]; don't know if it's because of caching file limits? or google api limits [fyi - no api set]? or if I have to force the translation on every page? Should I know where to edit the following code: <?php echo do_shortcode('[gtranslate]'); ?> ?? Or should I really be using: ?force_translation=1 in the root htaccess file ?? 1. I placed the force translation in the htaccess file and the translations are super-slow [and partial], 2. I remove the command from htaccess and the translations are only partial, 3. I set debug to true and I get back "Cannot translate" Please see: http://www.elnuevoconstructor.com/en/20 ... nslation=1 I have the debug file if required. Help.
Re: What's the solution? [only partial translations]
Mar 30, 2012 3:15 pm by Yana
Hi, It seems that Google have blocked your server IP address. You can ask your hosting company to change your IP address. If it is not possible you can consider using our new Enterprise service .
Mar 30, 2012 3:30 pm by miamiman
Before selling me a new product [I already have 12 pro licenses], Does this failure happen frequently with Gtranslate pro users? Can you "confirm" that google is blocking the IP address? Why is Google blocking the ip? overuse? Is it only blocking the translation services? Should I set the google api? Should I use the bing services instead? If Gtranslate Pro is sufficiently faulty to require an upsell to Enterprise to make it fully work, that's not really a solution. Thanks, UPDATE #1: I set the google api; I reset ?force_translation=1 to the .htaccess and now it's working again? UPDATE #2: Gtranslate Pro worked for a few pages, then stops translating; getting errors on debug site? UPDATE #3: I disabled google api; created/activated bing apis along with the ?force_translation=1 to .htaccess and it's working? What's the deal?
Mar 30, 2012 4:28 pm by Yana
Does this failure happen frequently with Gtranslate pro users? This happens rarely. It can happen if your website is hosted on a shared server with shared IP address and one of the websites hosted on the same server is sending many page rank or other requests. You can set google API key . If you use enterprise service it will deliver your translations from our cloud network and in this case google cannot block IP.
Mar 30, 2012 4:36 pm by miamiman
Before selling me a new product [I already have 12 pro licenses], Does this failure happen frequently with Gtranslate pro users? Can you "confirm" that google is blocking the IP address? Why is Google blocking the ip? overuse? Is it only blocking the translation services? Should I set the google api? Should I use the bing services instead? If Gtranslate Pro is sufficiently faulty to require an upsell to Enterprise to make it fully work, that's not really a solution. Thanks, UPDATE #1: I set the google api; I reset ?force_translation=1 to the .htaccess and now it's working again? UPDATE #2: Gtranslate Pro worked for a few pages, then stops translating; getting errors on debug site? UPDATE #3: I disabled google api; created/activated bing apis along with the ?force_translation=1 to .htaccess and it's working? What's the deal? This happens rarely. It can happen if your website is hosted on a shared server with shared IP address and one of the websites hosted on the same server is sending many page rank or other requests. You can set google API key . If you use enterprise service it will deliver your translations from our cloud network and in this case google cannot block IP. We're on a dedicated server for all our sites, but seeing the problems with google, I will mix in the bing api, which so far looks like its working. Any opinion as to bing vs google re: translation api?