Forum Archive - GTranslate config.php

GTranslate config.php
Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, Can you please send the latest config file as we are having problems with coolsys.gr Thanke, Dimitris
Re: GTranslate config.php
Feb 22, 2011 8:59 am by Edvard
Just resent the latest version for your geaenergy and coolsys.
Feb 23, 2011 2:02 pm by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, I am having a few problems with setting up gtranslate... It doesn't seem to get the translation from Google. I am getting the following line in the error log for each request to google for translation on coolsys.gr [23-Feb-2011 04:48:21] PHP Warning: file_get_contents() [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/coolsys/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 66 [23-Feb-2011 04:48:21] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.googleapis.com/language/translate/v2?key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&amp;q=%CE%B5%CE%BC%CF%80%CE%BF%CF%81%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AE+%CF%88%CF%8D%CE%BE%CE%B7%2C+%CE%B2%CE%B9%CE%B Have you got any idea why this might be happening? Best Regards, Dimitris
Feb 23, 2011 2:30 pm by [email protected]
Is this post helpfull? http://www.learnphponline.com/errors/ur ... figuration
Feb 23, 2011 6:41 pm by Edvard
Ask your hosting provider to enable URL file-access in PHP configuration for you.
Feb 24, 2011 3:51 pm by [email protected]
I'm working on the issues with the hosting provider and now we have the following error. They have installed ioncube but ... Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 510 is not allowed to access /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613 owned by uid 0 in /home/coolsys/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 2 Site error: the file /home/coolsys/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation. Best Regards, Dimitris
Feb 24, 2011 4:30 pm by Edvard
But it was installed and was OK before, isn't it?
Feb 25, 2011 1:55 pm by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, After installing ioncube, removing safe mode and using a php.in file with the following settings we are not getting any errors.. allow_url_include = On allow_url_fopen = On zend_extension="/usr/local/IonCube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so" ;extension=pdo_mysql.so ;extension=PDOso Unfortunatelly only the Google Defult option is working.... Neither the redirect or JQuery options are having an effect on the translation Please have a look at it on coolsys.gr, If you need the cpanel access passwords let me know... Best Regards, Dimitris
Feb 25, 2011 5:26 pm by Edvard
Make sure to set correct configuration options in gtranslate/config.php. Check your main language is set to el and API key is correct. You can check your API key usage at https://code.google.com/apis/console/ On this page: http://www.coolsys.gr/en/ I can see that the meta keywords/description are translated. Check the php error logs, to see if you have issues in translate.php file. Make sure that gtranslate/cache/XX folders are writable. Try to manually remove gtranslate/cache/limit.txt if it exists.
Feb 26, 2011 11:47 am by [email protected]
Try to manually remove gtranslate/cache/limit.txt if it exists. Thanks Edvard, it seems to be working ok now although not all texts are translated in virtuemart... I'll keep you posted if it is rectified over time. Thanks for your help, Best regards, Dimitris
Feb 26, 2011 12:09 pm by [email protected]
Hi, Edvard, It seems that when I remove the linit.txt file it does a parsial translation up to a certain number of characters and then it stops. In the Google API I have set the following limits Translate API 100,000 characters/second/user 100,000 characters/day The ammount of characters translated when I remove the limit.txt is much less than the limit set in the API. I am speculating that the limit is set by these constraints although I am not quite sure. These are the contents of the inspection filers cache/limit.txt: 1298721727 cache/error.txt: null error_log: [it is empty] Best Regards, Dimitris
Feb 28, 2011 12:25 pm by Edvard
The limit.txt is intended for saving the translation traffic. It has a timestamp in it and it expires. When you delete it manually, you force the translation process to be continued. But if you wait, it will expire and the translation process will continue.
Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm by [email protected]
Unfortunately it only translates a few words for a language selection the first time I delete it and doesn't force a translation if I delete it again. It looks like the cache is saving the uncompleted translation...
Mar 1, 2011 9:54 am by Edvard
Can you show me the page, where it stops the translation?
Mar 1, 2011 8:13 pm by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, On the home page and in the English translation http://www.coolsys.gr/en/ Towards the bottom of the page ... (correct english translation) hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs). Ως αποτέλεσμα των παραπάνω έχουν ... (Greek original text) Best Regards, Dimitris
Mar 9, 2011 11:12 am by Edvard
Is it possible you can edit the original text and add some breaks in the long text. So it will translate it part-by-part. Currently I see one paragraph with a long text inside <p>LONG GREEK TEXT</p> Can you change it to be like this <p><span>LONG</span> <span>GREEK</span> <span>TEXT</span></p>?